Foot peg ideas

gbabins1

I broke one off my Trail Blazer and decided to go with some motocross pegs off a CRF450. I love the look and feel. I haven't painted them yet but I did sand blast them.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Those look cool.... do they stick in the up position?... mind are spring loaded.. I want some that can stay up....

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk

I broke one off my Trail Blazer and decided to go with some motocross pegs off a CRF450. I love the look and feel. I haven't painted them yet but I did sand blast them.
Those look clean on there. Do you have a photo showing how you mounted them? I know they are originally on a flat plate. I was also contemplating foot peg ideas and wanted something a little more like these. :thumbsup:

gbabins1

These are spring loaded, the same as they are on the mx bikes, which is handy if you smack tree stumps or palmettos. So if you find some online, make sure they come with all of the necessary hardware... pins, springs and mounting plates [emoji106]
Those look cool.... do they stick in the up position?... mind are spring loaded.. I want some that can stay up....

gbabins1

Those look clean on there. Do you have a photo showing how you mounted them? I know they are originally on a flat plate. I was also contemplating foot peg ideas and wanted something a little more like these. [emoji106]
Thanks Dave, I mounted them to the existing holes that were in the frame for the original pegs. I contemplated drilling new holes to relocate the pegs but so far have decided not to do that. They currently sit slightly further back than I would like but still pretty comfy. I attached a couple of pictures to show how they are mounted, not sure if they are going to stay like this. I don't like how the mounting plates sit below the frame. I may trim or cut the plate for a better overall look. One thing to notice is that in order for the peg to sit flat the mounting plate needs to be at an angle.

Thanks gbabins for the detailed photos and explanation. Just tossing this out there, one could maybe go with the flat plate and weld it to the frame forward of the engine, then mount the pegs to the flat plate, like it is on the Honda, preserving the spring action and mounting apparatus. By plate, I mean something decently shaped to fit, not necessarily a square piece of scrap iron. :laugh:

What you have still looks very useable, and thanks again for tossing the idea out there, and thanks to leaf1300 for asking the question. One of many I've had bouncing around in my head on my current project. :thumbsup:

gbabins1

Thanks gbabins for the detailed photos and explanation. Just tossing this out there, one could maybe go with the flat plate and weld it to the frame forward of the engine, then mount the pegs to the flat plate, like it is on the Honda, preserving the spring action and mounting apparatus. By plate, I mean something decently shaped to fit, not necessarily a square piece of scrap iron. [emoji23]

What you have still looks very useable, and thanks again for tossing the idea out there, and thanks to leaf1300 for asking the question. One of many I've had bouncing around in my head on my current project. [emoji106]
No problem at all. Glad I could give some input on the topic.
I wanted something that could take some abuse while still giving good grip to my boots. I think I may use your idea, that may help clean the look up a bit [emoji106]

gbabins1

This is my pegs...

I don't know if there's a direct bolt on (after market) peg for that bike but if you have access to a welder you could always make something cool using the mount bracket thats already in place. Or modify the existing pegs...