For All You Dog Lovers

Thank you for posting this although it is making me cry. My little pal died suddenly in my lap a few days ago riding shotgun on my way home. He went from being fine to gone in less than a minute. Our vet was only 2 minutes away but when I picked him up I knew he was gone. I cant get rid of that visual, although I am grateful he passed quickly and did not suffer but for a few seconds.

Attachments

@ole4 I'm sorry. It is so hard to lose a beloved pet. The other day I read that because we usually outlive our pets, their passing, and the associated grief, prepares us to deal with the deaths of people who are close to us. It's the last gift your little pal could give to you.

Thank you for posting this although it is making me cry. My little pal died suddenly in my lap a few days ago riding shotgun on my way home. He went from being fine to gone in less than a minute. Our vet was only 2 minutes away but when I picked him up I knew he was gone. I cant get rid of that visual, although I am grateful he passed quickly and did not suffer but for a few seconds.
So very sorry to hear about the loss of your little sidekick. It hurts like hell and the hole it leaves inside you never heals but it does let some of your fond memories of your buddy come back to give you a bit of warmth and a slight smile.

Carry on My Friend, Fred

toomanytoys

I’ve lost all my dogs now. Fuzzy a border collie/Norwegian elkhound mix. Odie a sheltie
Duncan and Bandit both Pomeranians.

Duncan was the last to go. He was 10. Best dog I ever had. He was my best friend. Always with me.

I won’t have another dog. Too much heart break when they go!

I would get another in a heartbeat, but I think my wife is done as she would feed him, brush his teeth, give him the monthly heartguard and a lot of the work of taking care of the dog, I just fattened him up with dog treats. I am so old a new dog would probably outlive me. Maybe after a while if I can convince my wife, I would adopt an older dog from the animal shelter.

“Man’s Best Friend” for a reason. Man it hurts, when there time’s up.
On the lighter side, my buddy once said to me, “If you want to know who loves you more, your girl or your dog, forget them overnight in the basement and see which one is happier to see you, in the morning”.
I know mine used to get more excited when I came home from work than my bride!
Rest In Peace, Old Friends, ‘til we meet again.
Hang in there.

copyman

Thanks for sharing that. Also brought me to tears reading it. Our dog got hit and killed by a car in front of our house a few years back and still not over it. Your pet will never hurt you like people will.

Here is Cody:

dog & brianna 037.jpg

All of these posts show what a great gift our canine buddies are to us. I sometimes question if we are even worthy of their loyalty and friendship. I do think though that as much as hurts each time we lose one, if you are a dog lover you are almost obligated to go out and give another Tailwagger a home. They need us to give them homes so they can fulfill their destiny of providing Unconditional Companionship to us on a daily basis (even when they accidentally get locked in the basement overnight).