For Sale-Vintage Go Kart Parts 1959-60 Hoffco Hurricane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parting out a 59-60 Hoffco Hurricane dead axle go kart. This was a barn find. I still have the frame as well, but has been bent in spots, rewelded, modified, etc. I was going to try and use the salvaged parts for a future build, but figured these parts could go to better use in someone's restoration and would hate to see them wasted. Some parts have been cleaned up with a wire wheel, but other then that are in original condition since I received then. I am totally winging these prices, so if I'm crazy, please let me know.

Located in St Clair Shores Michigan.

Prefer local pick up, but willing to ship on buyers dime.

If you would like any additional pictures, let me know and I will send ASAP.

Rims with hubs, drive rim with sprocket
$200

Spindles and brackets
$75

Rear frame throttle mount
$25

Steering Wheel
$100

Steering Shaft
$50

Gas and Brake peddles
$75

Howdy,

Post is almost 5 years old but what the heck,

I'm in the city right next to yours, have a 1960 Hoffco probably the same model. I would love to chat about the Hoffco karts. I would also love to see what you have, and if you are still building, or whatever, if you sold the parts or if you have any left. Need info on the brand as well, thanks!

Patrick

Well, I sold my Hoffco to a guy in Texas, he was going to rebuild it for his grandchildren, and he says he is going to take it out himself. Mine was fixed axle as well, that's kind of what I sold it. I am left with a "66" Dark Kart, I think its very nice and straight, not abused. I also have a very early 60's Century Speed Kart, and a mid to late 70's Manco American Express live axle. I was after the steering wheel for the Hoffco in your ad.

I'd love to take my Dart Kart out on a track this coming summer, as you know there is nowhere to ride around here. I'm in Roseville.

Patrick

FunWithStuff

Well, I sold my Hoffco to a guy in Texas, he was going to rebuild it for his grandchildren, and he says he is going to take it out himself. Mine was fixed axle as well, that's kind of what I sold it. I am left with a "66" Dark Kart, I think its very nice and straight, not abused. I also have a very early 60's Century Speed Kart, and a mid to late 70's Manco American Express live axle. I was after the steering wheel for the Hoffco in your ad.

I'd love to take my Dart Kart out on a track this coming summer, as you know there is nowhere to ride around here. I'm in Roseville.

Patrick
It looks like he hasn't been on here in over a year. Hopefully he might respond soon. I've always wondered what it's like riding in those vintage karts that are low to the ground. Do they ride rough or pretty smooth?

Definitely a rough ride but it does depend on what type of surface, I'm sure a half way decent track would be a whole lot nicer than the pot hole filled streets around here, safer too. The only track I was on was a local one back in the 70's, its long gone only a memory now.

Last edited:

FunWithStuff

Definitely a rough ride but it does depend on what type of surface, I'm sure a half way decent track would be a whole lot nicer than the pot hole filled streets around here, safer too. The only track I was on was a local one back in the 70's, its long gone only a memory now.
That's true. Yeah the surface can make a difference. I figured they rode pretty rough but it's probably pretty fun and a unique experience lol. It's a shame that local tracks like what you described aren't as commonplace anymore and are disappearing.

Howdy,

Post is almost 5 years old but what the heck,

I'm in the city right next to yours, have a 1960 Hoffco probably the same model. I would love to chat about the Hoffco karts. I would also love to see what you have, and if you are still building, or whatever, if you sold the parts or if you have any left. Need info on the brand as well, thanks!

Patrick
You said you sold your hoffco just looking to chat about them I have a interceptor!

Howdy,

That's correct, I no longer have the Hoffco. I do have a couple other vintage Karts, but not many parts, a few. I never got as far as I had hoped with the Hoffco. I did however have the orig Clinton Panther engine completely rebuilt by Terry Sullivan, all new internals. I still have this, its also a reverse rotation (CCW), so that means it goes on the right side. I do have several Panter parts and a whole engine that needs a bearing pressed in and reassembly.

You can send a PM

Kind regards,

Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.