For the vintage go kart goru help name these kartsputt nic McCullough r1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be wrong here but you guys tell me got no clue what to do with these as I'm a mini bike fan but I got a hell of a deal on the ones I bought. Picking up the rest this week end. I can't find anything on the putt-nic demon maybe two pics and the R1 needs a lil work what are they wirth also I think that's a rupp but is it a robron looking at the steering wheel and front bumper is straight. No clue on the others any help on brand and models and what I should sell them for thanks

Attachments

Last edited:
Well I'm not to interested in selling any of them I'm more interested in finding out what they are worth and if I got a good deal on them and I might trade for a rupp dart kart. Also wanted to know if the rupp I got is a robron and if that hurts the value of it or not?

Well I'm not to interested in selling any of them I'm more interested in finding out what they are worth and if I got a good deal on them and I might trade for a rupp dart kart. Also wanted to know if the rupp I got is a robron and if that hurts the value of it or not?
You seem to really be hung up on their value. I suggest you reread what you have already been told in post # 2 of this thread

Where are you located??
You can't ship carts for a reasonable price and I wouldn't buy anything from a member who joined yesterday without driving and looking at it myself in person.
Witc
You seem to really be hung up on their value. I suggest you reread what you have already been told in post # 2 of this thread
Only reason I'm hung up on the value is because I'd like to know if I over paid or if I should offer less for the one I haven't picked up yet or if I should not pick it up at all it's a 4 hour drive 8 hours round trip so not that I'm hung up on value it's just I get over excited about projects then lose a crap load of money

Things that make you go hmmmm.
How do I block you if you don't like my posts please move along. You don't.know me. I'm a new member and already got some wierdo judging me. For what idk maybe you weren't loved enough as a child. Or maybe your just that grumpy old guy that every group always has one of. I came here for help and to learn can't knock some one for wanting to learn more about a hobbie that everyone in the group loves and is there to do the same thing! So please stay off my posts or block me so you don't have to see them. I noticed you set your profile to privet so every one has to deal with you. And they can't just block you takes a real miserable person to care that much that everyone has to read your feed back weather it be negative or not

Minimichael

How do I block you if you don't like my posts please move along. You don't.know me. I'm a new member and already got some wierdo judging me. For what idk maybe you weren't loved enough as a child. Or maybe your just that grumpy old guy that every group always has one of. I came here for help and to learn can't knock some one for wanting to learn more about a hobbie that everyone in the group loves and is there to do the same thing! So please stay off my posts or block me so you don't have to see them. I noticed you set your profile to privet so every one has to deal with you. And they can't just block you takes a real miserable person to care that much that everyone has to read your feed back weather it be negative or not
Hey buddy, we're watching out for each other here and we're suspicious of new people who just barge in and have no use for complete sentences, punctuation or apparently even civility. It's you that should be worried about getting blocked, pal.

This site has been around a long time, and one of the rules here is we don't give values. Everybody knows it, everybody follows it.
Do a search here for threads asking values, and you will find that everyone else before you who asked about values was told the exact same thing: we don't give values here.
You are not being singled out, you are not being picked on.
If you don't like the rules here, you are free to scour the internet and ebay to try and find values, like the rest of us do.

Please don't attack people here. Only makes you look bad.

Hey buddy, we're watching out for each other here and we're suspicious of new people who just barge in and have no use for complete sentences, punctuation or apparently even civility. It's you that should be worried about getting blocked, pal.
Your free to block me. It's very easy to move on to another post if you don't like what I have to say. I did not know about the values rule. Figured it's a web site dedicated to vintage mini bikes and go karts. What better place to ask a question then with ppl that know about these things. I don't get what the big deal is about it but I'll definitely try and do my research. And figure it out. But I'd simply like to figure out what make and model these karts are not just what there worth. So I could decide if they are worth my time dumping money in to restoreing them or not. Sorry if I offended you guys by asking for help. I guess this isn't the correct place to do so.

This site has been around a long time, and one of the rules here is we don't give values. Everybody knows it, everybody follows it.
Do a search here for threads asking values, and you will find that everyone else before you who asked about values was told the exact same thing: we don't give values here.
You are not being singled out, you are not being picked on.
If you don't like the rules here, you are free to scour the internet and ebay to try and find values, like the rest of us do.

Please don't attack people here. Only makes you look bad.
Thanks for your reply I was just simply asking for help I didn't know but will do better with reading the rules. Thanks for your reply.

pomfish

RuppRestoration,

Welcome to OldMiniBikes and sorry you got off to a bad start.
It appears now that you do understand why we are the way we have to be.

Anyway, I am here to hopefully point you in the right direction. Here are some links that are more Gokart driven and may help more than we are able as this is what they are dialed in on, where here we are 90% mini bikes. It's what we do and we are very good at.
https://www.vintagekartforum.com/index.php

https://www.diygokarts.com/community/

https://www.average-guys-car-restor...17/10/03/kart-graveyard-death-of-an-industry/

Like you, I have a go kart that needed identified. Couldn't get answer here so started checking some forums and met some good people, saw lots of interesting karts, learned quite a bit but at the end of the day, this particular kart is still unknown.
Could very well be a Robron but never fully sure. Still was worth my time to learn these differences in karts and what makes them tick.

As far as value, you will know the instant you have a good one when your inbox fills up real quick asking if such and such a kart is for sale.
Then zero in that kart and try to research it even more.
My opinion from having lots of karts over the years, most are no worth that much and the ones that are, are easy to identify. Just because something is old does not mean it is rare or valuable.
After a short time you will see some common themes of race karts that used dual 2stroke engines and had a tank mounted in the back of the seat. They will usually have disc brakes, good quality cast wheels. More cushion area and more of a cockpit seating pit, rather than sitting up on the frames like yard karts. Good welds and not crap added on for no good reason.
5" wheels rear 4" front is very common on vintage race karts.

This is just a small sample of what you will learn and see. These things are incredibly expensive to properly restore. Tires and rims alone can cost a fortune, correct engines, yeah that will set you back. You will not get rich flipping karts or minibikes for that matter. Just the way it is.
Parts are where the money is.

Hope this helps,
Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.