Foredom flex shaft rotary tool

KB2ROCKET

as some of you know I am atempting to "CARVE" a 1/8 scale tecumseh engine from a block of aluminum using nothing more than a hand held rotary tool this non functional engine will be 1 1/2 inches tall and the spaces between the cooling fins will be about 1/32 of a inch
so as I searched the internet for a good quality tool I kept reading about the "Fordom flex shaft tool" and how great they were... so I went to ebay and found what could best be discribed as a Fordom clone so I bought it
once it came to the house I pluged it in and it ran fine BUT after 1 min of run time the motor and hand piece were to hot to touch so I took it apart and adjusted the bearings lubed everything up and tryed it again this time it ran for 2 min.s befor being to hot to touch WHAT A HUNK OF @#$%^ JUNK
SO I got off my wallet and bought a REAL FOREDOM and it works like a dream :)
moral of the story: buying clones is a gamble

The Foredom rotary drive unit has proven itself time and again to be the foremost product of it's type...

The Foredom has replaced the Dremel rotary drive motor as the primary drive source for my family's line of patented rotary floats and bits due to the Foredom's consistent reliability when used on a daily basis in professional veterinary applications...

The Foredom is an excellent choice when someone wants a top-quality rotary tool, and in our case, the Chinese-made imitations are not only substandard in quality, they are also dangerous to use...

The last thing a thoroughbred horse owner wants to see when his prized animal is in need of care, is a veterinarian with cheap instruments that may or may not work...

The Foredom works...time and time again.

It should carve a fairly cool little repli-engine too...can't wait to see that.

KB2ROCKET

I am in the process of building a micro pantograph using the foredom as the powered cutting bur and the cheap clone as the stylus
pictures soon to follow:grind::smile:

KB2ROCKET

I am not a machinist by any stretch of the amagination thats why its almost scary to me how much progress I have made fabricating this machine I have 2 more pieces to make then I need to find someone to weld some aluminum then I can drill and pin a few parts and BAMO!! I will have actualy finished something
then I will have to take a good pic to show you all :)