forks,kid mods

First i thought about cutting the handlebars off and turning them around then someone said just bend the,im not crazy about that idea.i was looking at the db for a moment and i think i could just turn the forks around?so the handle bars lean back.im out here truckin and ive got to look at the forks again,i think it would be better for my kids,also i might put anouther set of pegs on it,further back,or running boards.

the bars on a doodle are bent forward some he wants to do a 180 on them so they are leaned back (or thats what it sounds like to me) and running boards or pegs so 2 people can ride

If you're talking about the new DB, the forks don't have any bend in them at all, so turning them around would not work like you think it would. If you're not crazy about bending them then see about buying a set of old-style DB bars from Baja. Other than that, perhaps cutting the bars off at the triple trees and mounting set of adjustable bars with clamps.

... but seriously, just bend them. One way or another you're potentially trashing the stock forks, and bending has the lowest risk.

edit: okay, maybe you are talking about the old style db bars. Chalk this up to the first time someone wanted the bars leaned back.

If that's the case, you could probably buy a set of forks for the new style db, since they don't have a bend in them.

what about a cheap set of Azusa forks? Ive seen em for around 30-40 bucks. that way you can butcher them as you see fit and still have the originals...just a thought.

New doodlebugs are strait and easy for kids to grab but bad for adults. Wonder if you could trade; I'm sure there are some mounting and height issues.
I don't care for new style DB bars are too far back fur adult.
I'm sure the easiest / cheapest way is to cut the bars at the joint where they bend and have them welded strait or back
First i thought about cutting the handlebars off and turning them around then someone said just bend the,im not crazy about that idea.i was looking at the db for a moment and i think i could just turn the forks around?so the handle bars lean back.im out here truckin and ive got to look at the forks again,i think it would be better for my kids,also i might put anouther set of pegs on it,further back,or running boards.

Unless I'm looking at em wrong I don't see why they couldn't be turned around.:shrug: Also the bars could be cut off and risers installed, then you could use any bars you want and adjust em'. I may do that to mine eventually just for a different look. I say try turning the forks around, may be the answer.:thumbsup:

The one thig I see that will be awkward is the actual grip part of the bars will be facing away from the rider. So your hands will be in sort of a v-shape?
Might be OK for a kid but I see your point, might be a bit awkward. I'd cut the bars off flush and fill the holes then get some risers, then the choice of bars would be only limited to what you could find. Bars are a big part of comfort and handling and you want to have em right.