Found another Tricub!

DonK

When I sold my last Tricub, I got so much grief from my sons that I had to find another. This one is in much better shape than the last one was when I found it and much more complete. It'll be a fun winter project and I'm told that I can never sell this one. Tricub 2.JPG

Thanks. Yes, the tires are probably reversed- that's how they run them on the ampbibs so they swim, but Tricubs don't have to swim!
According to original brochures and parts diagrams, the Tricubs were shipped from factory with tires installed as shown in your photo. Supposedly this configuartion is better for less firm base... snow, mud, gravel, loose dirt, sand, etc.
Oddly however, all Tricarts were shipped with tires installed the other way.

Attachments

When I sold my last Tricub, I got so much grief from my sons that I had to find another. This one is in much better shape than the last one was when I found it and much more complete. It'll be a fun winter project and I'm told that I can never sell this one. View attachment 283254
That's cool, he can help you if he wants to. I'm sure that it will be a good project with a kid.

DonK

So @DonK, what's the engine situation with this beauty?
Just started to tear down the original Briggs 5 horse: looks pretty good. Bore is good and the valves will be with a little lapping and clean up. New point set on the way. Cover/recoil were rusted out. Clutches will clean up by the looks, sprockets are toast.

DonK

That's cool, he can help you if he wants to. I'm sure that it will be a good project with a kid.
That's just it: you'd think they were little kids the way they pouted when I sold the last trike, but they're both in their 20s. They did really like the 'cub though- should have kept it.

Just started to tear down the original Briggs 5 horse: looks pretty good. Bore is good and the valves will be with a little lapping and clean up. New point set on the way. Cover/recoil were rusted out. Clutches will clean up by the looks, sprockets are toast.
Cool that you have original Briggs. If you still have original recoil cover, the engine code should be 130202 0343-01 xdatexx. At least I've seen this code on a couple other original units. One of my 5hp units supposedly has original engine, but recoil cover has been replaced, so original code is lost. Keep us posted on your progress... with photos, of course. ;) Let me know if you need advise or help locating parts.