Fox but is the model correct.

WrenchDad

The guy say's it's a 70 street scamp with a Tec 4hp He wants $500
Is that the correct model? and would it have a straight carb on the slanted engine?
I'm questioning if it's original and not in great shape for the money.

markus

It is a street scamp, the engine is much newer than the bike, but they did use standard intakes like that(but with diaphragm carbs....they hadn't came up with the slanted intake yet) Looks like the bent the frame instead of making a header to fit :thumbsup:

WrenchDad

It is a street scamp, the engine is much newer than the bike, but they did use standard intakes like that(but with diaphragm carbs....they hadn't came up with the slanted intake yet) Looks like the bent the frame instead of making a header to fit :thumbsup:
He had another picture of the other side showing the engine shroud, If that engine is in fact not original would you say that every thing else is and complete?

WrenchDad

He had another picture of the other side showing the engine shroud, If that engine is in fact not original would you say that every thing else is and complete?
I forgot the picture, I did see the two speed
jack shaft and figured that set up wasn't right would the two speed clutch look like this?

markus

I forgot the picture, I did see the two speed
jack shaft and figured that set up wasn't right would the two speed clutch look like this?
No they were made by Faibanks Morse/colt they have 2 clutch bells and even with an extended crank they still used a little spacer, they are wide units

WrenchDad

No they were made by Faibanks Morse/colt they have 2 clutch bells and even with an extended crank they still used a little spacer, they are wide units

I see, your picture is much clearer. The clutch I have is a Horstman and it's obvious now why it wouldn't work. The bike is close to me But I don't think I'm willing to pay $500 in it's current condition and un original set up.

buckeye

No way in the world would I pay 500 buckaroos for that.
Hell, Karl has a nicer roller for sale cheaper, unless he parted it.