Fox Campus FX wiring

I am putting this bike back together and I have a question about the wiring. What would these 2 leads be for. It is basically a jumper for one of the wires. One of the leads going back to the taillight is cut and had this coming out. Not sure if it's a fox thing or what. Any help would be great. And also what do you think of the bike.

markus

The Fox bikes of that era actually used a switch that was mounted on the caliper stud, Not sure if you can put the inline one on that cable without some mods to the cable :shrug:

This photo was from a quick search, Member Loren I think was the one working on it, he may be able to give you some insight, I sold what brake parts/switches long ago

A 1968 rupp one might be workable, swapmeetman has one listed on ebay as of recently.

The Fox bikes of that era actually used a switch that was mounted on the caliper stud, Not sure if you can put the inline one on that cable without some mods to the cable :shrug:
You're right Mark, I checked my Campus FX and it has remnants of that style switch on it. My Thunderbolt of the same era however has the in line cable style. They both have spade connectors on them, so either would work without modifying the harness:thumbsup:

I haven't had a complete switch, just bits and pieces. The most complete one is that one in post #7.
The remains that was on my first Fox also had a hard black plastic piece that crumbled when I tried to get it off. It would be interesting to see how the original looked and functioned.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance,

Loren@65GS.com