Fox Campus Trail Bike Build

nightgrider

More painting. I changed directions on my clutch cover decal from the Evel Knievel 1 to something more custom. For the gas tank decals, I wasn't pleased with how pink the decal printed. So I decided to do the same as I did for the pull cord cover and paint the color and I'll apply the decal over top.

Attachments

Last edited:

nightgrider

Today I got the last decals on the gas tank. And WOW, I'm really pleased with the way they turned out. Now just to let everything dry and then it will be time for the final clear coat to seal it all in. I can't wait to get the engine back together and see it as one complete unit. I also started on the wiring for the lights today.

Attachments

nightgrider

Finished up most of the painting and reassembled the parts back on the engine. This is probably the last time it will look this clean. Just got to let some paint cure on the clutch cover and then it can be clear coated. Next I'll get the engine on the frame and test fire it and run the rest of the wiring for the lights.

Attachments

nightgrider

I took some better pictures today with better light than last night. I think it looks really good sitting in the frame.

Attachments

nightgrider

I got the headlamp and taillamp wired up and working a little while back. I'm running stator coils alone, no battery for ease and simplicity sake. I unfortunately couldn't get the halogen lamp working that I wanted to use as the headlamp and had to use an LED lamp. Nothing wrong with LED I'm just not a fan of the lit and unlit appearance and feel it doesn't quite look right on a vintage frame. But it works and fits the budget, which is what I was looking for.

Attachments

nightgrider

I'm getting tired of the bike falling over when out in the woods with the current kickstand and I'm thinking about building a center stand. Does anyone have any experience fabbing a centerstand and suggestions?

Carry a metal plate in your back pocket to put under the kickstand, that is the best option from my experience.
I used to carry a "puck" when I rode a streetbike on a regular basis, a sidestand can sink into hot asphalt in a short amount of time. A 1/4" thick aluminum rectangle with rounded corners is a good choice for pocket carry but on-bike storage is a better choice for comfort.