Fox mini bikes

Just an FYI the 67-68 Fox Sprite 1138 does not share the same frame as the 67-68 Fox Doodle Bug 1238.
Correct, they are 90% the same. The Sprite has a scrub brake and the Doodlebug/Trail Bug have jackshaft mounts. The catalogs show no chain slack adjusters on the Sprite, but some of them had slack adjusters. Other than those differences, the frames appear to be identical. Do you happen to have a good pic of the Sprite decal? Much appreciated.

1971_MB1A

Correct, they are 90% the same. The Sprite has a scrub brake and the Doodlebug/Trail Bug have jackshaft mounts. The catalogs show no chain slack adjusters on the Sprite, but some of them had slack adjusters. Other than those differences, the frames appear to be identical. Do you happen to have a good pic of the Sprite decal? Much appreciated.
One of mine still has the original sticker on it but it has been painted over. Also with what I've had and seen most of them originally seemed to have came with a side popper unless they were purchased in a kit form minus the engine.

One of mine still has the original sticker on it but it has been painted over. Also with what I've had and seen most of them originally seemed to have came with a side popper unless they were purchased in a kit form minus the engine.
If you want to make the old mini bike world a better place, take the paint off the decal and snap a pic. Much appreciated

A bummer for sure. I wonder if the estate sold his all of his bikes, or just scrapped all of that stuff? Last I talked to him they were all almost complete. I've never seen any of it for sale.

nightgrider

Yes, I have used Peewee’s services multiple times. Unfortunately he doesn’t have an image of the early Sprite decal, only the later one. If I can find a good image he can repro the decal.
It looks like it is pretty close in proportions to the Trail Bug decal. One could probably be made with references to the other fox decals. But it would probably be about 90% accurate.

1660917692423.png

nightgrider

I found a decent image of the Sprite font from an old fox manual and there is a font online for a similar font. That brought into a good image editing software could be stretched and squished to produce the right font proportions as the original. With the a trail bug decal for scale reference one could make a repro decal that is probably about 90% accurate. Pretty good for me, but would depend if you going for a concourse restoration or not. The Mini-Bike and Fox Corp fonts seem to be same between all the decals.

Attachments

Last edited: