Fox mini bikes

markus

One of mine still has the original sticker on it but it has been painted over. Also with what I've had and seen most of them originally seemed to have came with a side popper unless they were purchased in a kit form minus the engine.

1968-69 model year bikes were listed as coming with 3hp and they were rear exhaust, The earlier catalogs list 2 1/4 hp even up to 1967 (I think H22's were actually discontinued earlier than that though). they show as Clinton engines (not named though) in the catalogs for 1968 1969 model years but to find one with a clinton would be a rarity. Clinton problaby hoped to supply them but could not as that was shortly after Mr. hoffinger bought Clinton when they went bankrupt. He was rebuilding from almost a standstill from what I have read. Of course Hoffinger offered his own line of bikes at the end of 1968, First though a company called Perspex, but ended up putting them under the Lomart brand name when they came to market for 1969.

Crue cut, which was the company that worked with Fox in regards to the Bodied karts/mini cars that fox offered in the 1960's had a better depiction of the version of the sprite in those times they sold in their catalog:

fox crue cut 1969 (2).jpg

markus

Hi Mark, I am not. I can send you this one if you want it for a sample to have reproduced.

Thanks, I think I can probably use mine for that though if nothing shows up as repro by the time I decide to work on it again. Thank you for the offer though!!!!!!!!

copyman

Might also check with Paul's decals to see if he can reproduce. I've found his decals to be the best. He only sells water slide decals not the cheap stick on ones.

nightgrider

With the reference images we've gathered and with some time I am capable of making a high resolution image, but without a real decal for exact sizing reference. It would still be an artist interpretation at best. It really comes down to what level you want from the decal. What I can create would be a good representation, but would not be concourse quality.

Below are some post of the decals I made for my predator engine. I ended up going waterslide, but this was because it was just for personal use. They turned out really nice (at least in my opinion), but I know everyone has different standards for quality. These would not be concourse quality for me.

https://oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/fox-campus-trail-bike-build.161269/post-1243341

https://oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/fox-campus-trail-bike-build.161269/post-1274485

https://oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/fox-campus-trail-bike-build.161269/post-1275251

Last edited:
@handymancanfixit if you are interested let me know and I'll work on a high resolution image that then you can take to the decal supplier of your choosing. You can PM me if you'd like.
That would be awesome. It would be the same external dimensions as the Doodlebug and Trail Bug decals, 2-1/2” wide x 1-1/2” tall. What’s the cost to do it? Much appreciated!

Attachments

Gotcha. Do you know of a good paint and or powder coat match for the original reddish/orangish color?
I brushed paint remover on, and when the decal started to bubble, peeled it off. It left that 'shadow' on the original paint. The decal proceeded to melt into nothingness.
I did not look into color match, as my intent was to go in another direction. Gotta say though, it was a beautiful orange/red. Almost had a touch of 'pearl'.
For the record, my bike is dated either a '68 or '69. Also, the font you used for 'SPRITE' seems very close.