Fox minicycle differences

markus

Does anyone have a brochure or info on what the differences were between the 10" fox minicycle/bikes 1970 timeframe. Typical posted brochures dont really show a couple of the models/versions.

Wanting to know which ones came without front fender was it just the spoler that did, or was there another lower end trail version bike? I have yet to actually see a picture of a condor (original and complete). Tank is painted not chrome, decals are above the paint so I think its original??

buckeye

I know my Thunderbolt came with front and rear painted black fenders, tank was also painted black.
That's my input.
MarkG should be able to help or jzrmac. That dude is walking dictionary on Fox's of that era.:thumbsup:

The camper sales in the next town from us sold Fox mini bikes and had a showroom full when I was a kid and I have sat on every model Fox made and the Spoiler was the only model with the front fender left off at the factory and I have never seen any ten inch wheeled bike with a painted tank from the factory just chrome , only the doodlebug , doodlebug fx had painted tanks from what I remember :thumbsup:

I have a bunch of brochures I can go through to check for sure

jrzmac

I have never seen any ten inch wheeled bike with a painted tank from the factory just chrome , only the doodlebug , doodlebug fx had painted tanks from what I remember :thumbsup:
they must've had some Thunderbolt models with chrome tanks, and some without.

i had one as a kid that was given to me by my Uncle when he outgrew it. heres a pic of us when I was a kid. I'm almost positive the tank wasn't chrome. I said in another post a while back that they painted it with some funky colors and used a lace curtain over it somehow, and then painted thru the lace I guess. I can't see how if the tank was chrome, that they would paint over it like that, although it was the early 70's you know. people were doing some weird shit! it's an old pic but you can make out the paint job!

markus

I did some more searching and i think that the spoiler may be the only one without the fender like fatboy said. This tank definitely appears to have been a painted one though. There is a couple of other oddities to this bike, compared to brochure pics, but its all Fox stuff and original decals etc.. may have been a mis-matched dealer put together or something like that back in the day.

thanks

Fox Thunderbolt

I'm also interested to learn more about the Fox Thunderbolt. I have one handed down to me from my Uncle. Drove it a lot when I was a kid and wore out the engine, brakes and busted the gas tank. I started to fix it up again. Put a 6.5HP Predator from Harbor Freight on it. Got in running. Curious if anybody know more details on the model year and where to get parts. I'd like to slowly fully restore it.

Attachments

buckeye

I'm also interested to learn more about the Fox Thunderbolt. I have one handed down to me from my Uncle. Drove it a lot when I was a kid and wore out the engine, brakes and busted the gas tank. I started to fix it up again. Put a 6.5HP Predator from Harbor Freight on it. Got in running. Curious if anybody know more details on the model year and where to get parts. I'd like to slowly fully restore it.
I have one almost identical to yours.
H50 big block.
One of my favorite bikes.