Fox resto progress

novadose74

Here’s another project. Gave my 70 Rupp Roadster a break to get some stuff done on the Fox. I put the crashbar on. I finished the mod for the two speed tranny, a real pain in the ass that was. NOS fenders, front disk, rear sprocket, headlight/harness, taillight, brake levers. The seat is repro, I have an nos seat but I like the way the repro looks. I have some chrome pieces I’ll put on. Chrome clutch cover, shroud, air cleaner. 2E07F127-FD6F-4F3A-A4E4-25190A36FA2E.jpeg 99F7ADC1-A872-4F03-84F7-6F66FDD2CAD5.jpeg B876D070-0DB2-44D3-B4DD-51F187A23F3F.jpeg 16970F25-A0F0-4995-974A-34C5740AE1E1.jpeg CD7EE912-3A3B-49DF-ABEA-73E1A1814F3D.jpeg 756D8469-9806-410B-A7FC-D28C4A5FAECA.jpeg E67E5426-398D-4720-B0C5-C0DB51E9E5A1.jpeg A32E6A64-8B56-4EB2-9917-D1713020431E.jpeg C30072FF-3FD6-4C0F-86AC-69BDA9A329CE.jpeg F9DFACA8-297F-4DB3-B196-079A1F5021B5.jpeg 3DAB5A72-A19E-4394-8E75-0F411BFEF981.jpeg E518930C-CE66-4440-BA94-3DCD92396F71.jpeg FDE40DD5-8F55-439E-9BDB-B714AAA74178.jpeg A61581D2-63E6-4ACF-A9E9-B2A19B97400A.jpeg F686F8DC-F03D-4CB1-8DE3-BE938A96B006.jpeg

What a turd and what a owner ro chop a vintage mini bike
Hey. Your interested in speedways and foxes just like tommie. You’re also a rude a*%hole just like tommie. What a coincidence. I believe tommie got banned from OldMiniBikes. Keep talking to people the way you are and it won’t be long for you either.

novadose74

Thanks. I don’t believe in hacking up original bikes either. At the least, this mod can be reversed with some simple basic welding, and can be covered without anyone knowing. I did this because I wanted a two speed bike. Finding an original Fox two speed that is nos, is near impossible, and if I did, I’m sure it would go for a ridiculous amount $$$. Not to mention I would have to get the correct cover which would cost$$. I had these parts laying around. This bike is for ME, and will be near PERFECT when finished, and will be used and enjoyed by ME, and no one else.

novadose74

lets keep the 6th grade insults to yourselves. If you disagree with what I did, that’s cool, you have a right to your opinion, and you have a right to express it, and I don’t mind if you let me know. But name calling in any form is just ridiculous on a Minibike forum. Really.

lets keep the 6th grade insults to yourselves. If you disagree with what I did, that’s cool, you have a right to your opinion, and you have a right to express it, and I don’t mind if you let me know. But name calling in any form is just ridiculous on a Minibike forum. Really.
Ok ok I understand that sorry for the insult
But you could have done a centrifugal clutch setup I do have the parts you are looking for to make it a 2 speed and there is a 2 speed clutch cover on Ebay they pop up from time to time I have got the jackshaft 2 speed for 80 bucks the clutch for 135 and the cover for 250 so alittle bit pricey but not bad for how hard to find them parts are to find

Thanks. I don’t believe in hacking up original bikes either. At the least, this mod can be reversed with some simple basic welding, and can be covered without anyone knowing. I did this because I wanted a two speed bike. Finding an original Fox two speed that is nos, is near impossible, and if I did, I’m sure it would go for a ridiculous amount $$$. Not to mention I would have to get the correct cover which would cost$$. I had these parts laying around. This bike is for ME, and will be near PERFECT when finished, and will be used and enjoyed by ME, and no one else.
The parts have been on Ebay they dont last long as they are a part wanted by lots of people but I have had problems with them 2 speeds like having the springs inside the drums pop off and having the shoes get to worn and not be able to be used

I also have brochure and service manuals for these fox bikes if you need anything and I have 7 of the foxs I haven't seen a fox with the crash bar hows that work

novadose74

what you are seeing is my mock up. Just making sure everything fits and looks the way I want it. I’m going with a chrome shroud just because I have one laying around. Blue grips cause the bike will be blue. I have the Fox brochures and parts list. I would buy the two speed cover, but I have the chrome clutch cover in the pics I’m gonna use. The bottom half of the clutch cover will be blue, can’t afford chroming at this point.

what you are seeing is my mock up. Just making sure everything fits and looks the way I want it. I’m going with a chrome shroud just because I have one laying around. Blue grips cause the bike will be blue. I have the Fox brochures and parts list. I would buy the two speed cover, but I have the chrome clutch cover in the pics I’m gonna use. The bottom half of the clutch cover will be blue, can’t afford chroming at this point.
ok that clears it up heres the thing I dont want to sell I'd have to do a trade to allow that to happen

for fork boots you can use kawi mule boots,has six bellows the diameter is correct I think its part number 49006-1257 have to use the clamps that come with them,something @marcus found if he responds he can verify the part number

novadose74

that's great, thanks for the info. I bought some reproductions off of a member. The ONLY problem with the reproductions is they are a little thicker than the originals making the original aluminum straps that hold them on, unusable. They are not long enough. I'll have to make some out of some thin aluminum, unless I can get some that look close to the originals. The bike isn't 100% original, so I'll use something that looks good/ or close to the original.