Fox Thunderbolt ID Please!

I picked up this Fox (Dynamark) Thunderbolt frame yesterday at Windber in Jeff's pile of mini's. It does not have a slanted engine mount and I can't find one like it in any Fox brochures. I have a 1972 Thunderbolt 170 with a cracked frame (blue one) that I am thinking about transferring parts to the newly acquired frame. If anybody has any information about it I would be appreciative. Thanks!

Attachments

1971_MB1A

I picked up this Fox (Dynamark) Thunderbolt frame yesterday at Windber in Jeff's pile of mini's. It does not have a slanted engine mount and I can't find one like it in any Fox brochures. I have a 1972 Thunderbolt 170 with a cracked frame (blue one) that I am thinking about transferring parts to the newly acquired frame. If anybody has any information about it I would be appreciative. Thanks!
Probably better off just fixing/welding the original one. Just my opinion.

Probably better off just fixing/welding the original one. Just my opinion.
Okay thanks for the feedback. I might just do a "resto-mod" with a bunch of other bits and pieces I have in my garage. I have a B&S OHV snow blower engine with a lighting coil that seems to fit well in the frame. I just would like to know more about it before I do anything. With all my other projects piling up I probably won't be getting to it for awhile.

Attachments

Triley41395

Okay thanks for the feedback. I might just do a "resto-mod" with a bunch of other bits and pieces I have in my garage. I have a B&S OHV snow blower engine with a lighting coil that seems to fit well in the frame. I just would like to know more about it before I do anything. With all my other projects piling up I probably won't be getting to it for awhile.
Found this. Screenshot_20220619-184138_Chrome.jpg

Thanks! That looks like the frame I have. I would still like to know the model name/number and year. I'm guessing with the 10" wheels and HS40 it's from 1971 or possibly 1972.
There were a few different model numbers for the Thunderbolt with the flat motor plate. , 1761,1781,1791 etc. I uploaded all of the brochures I have for those a few years ago, they are somewhere in my albums if you care to look. Bike was originally a BIG BLOCK H50.

I have a Fox. it was complete junk when i got it. It's better now, though hardly perfect. would love to find proper fenders for it. Also it really needs adjustable handlebars. These are stock but not ideal. Need to put Sebac shocks on the rear too...
http://www.pinrepair.com/minibikes/p/fox1972thunderbolt170_mine1.jpg
Pretty sure I have NOS fenders for that bike. If you are interested shoot me a PM

There were a few different model numbers for the Thunderbolt with the flat motor plate. , 1761,1781,1791 etc. I uploaded all of the brochures I have for those a few years ago, they are somewhere in my albums if you care to look. Bike was originally a BIG BLOCK H50.

Pretty sure I have NOS fenders for that bike. If you are interested shoot me a PM
Hello Mark, After looking at the photo from Triley41395 I realize that indeed it has a Big Block H50 with a lighting coil. That would explain why the motor plate is so wide and will easily accommodate that OHV Briggs engine I was thinking about putting on it if and when I get around to it. Would you perhaps have any parts for it? Swing arm, Forks, etc? I'll check out your albums now. Thanks.

Don't really have much left, mostly some decals, a few fenders and possibly some foot peg covers. I'll dig around in the next day to be sure.