Freak Karts, Customs, Homemades, and Oddballs

holy cow jeep2003. if i remember right your 1 of the ones whos been wantin to post freaky carts and stuff. now i see why. dang! blew this thread up, cool pics. i really like the front engine tbucket. both of them.

Last edited:
im gonna thank everyone for posting so far, everyones posted some cool stuff. i was worried about starting this thread down here and so far no ones said anything. definately some cool ideas and creative machinery being seen. maybe someone will get some ideas and build somethin cool, ive seen stuff id love to have or build.

Last edited:

toomanytoys

Huffy Fairlane

I know technically its a tractor, but this was the first "go-kart" I had when I was a kid, I'd cruise all over the yard with it when I was 3.

Had a 2 Forward gears and reverse, chain drive. Was a sweet machine!

thats too funny. i found the blue front engine go kart on a tractor forum. thought it was cool enough to share with the members of OldMiniBikes. fair amount of kart guys here too.

If I remember, Don Garlits built a front engine rail dragster kart. Is that one he built or home built ?
ya know I don't have any real info on this photo...don't even remember where I found it I just thought it was really cool.
my guess would be home made just based on the 2x4 motor mount :laugh:

I can just barely make out the kids name on the side...looks like last name is "Bloom" ...man I'd love to find that old thing sitting in a garage somewhere :bowdown:

ya know I don't have any real info on this photo...don't even remember where I found it I just thought it was really cool.
my guess would be home made just based on the 2x4 motor mount :laugh:

I can just barely make out the kids name on the side...looks like last name is "Bloom" ...man I'd love to find that old thing sitting in a garage somewhere :bowdown:
My neighbor has one simialr to that, it has wide kart cheeter slicks in the back, and has the engine setup the same as the one in you pic. His is from the late '50's or early '60's.

My neighbor has one simialr to that, it has wide kart cheeter slicks in the back, and has the engine setup the same as the one in you pic. His is from the late '50's or early '60's.
if your neighbor ever wants to sell...I'm the guy..and you get a finders fee:thumbsup:
...see if he'll let you take a pic.

you got that pic from me KKk :smile:. I dont remember where i got it though :laugh:
....I'm quite certain I first saw this pic years ago when I frequented the HAMB hot rod forum because I used to have it as my screen saver .......then I probably saw it again when you posted it and decided to adopt it :thumbsup:

would love to have the backround info on it...........

Last edited:
ah yes i probrobly got it from there too . whad you think of that mini big rig i posted? Can you imagine driving that thing around town loaded with minis or whatever . cool cool :thumbsup:

whad you think of that mini big rig i posted? Can you imagine driving that thing around town loaded with minis or whatever . cool cool :thumbsup:
That thing is unbelievable....I can't imagine the amount of time involved in something like that, I can't find the time to finish my crummy little trike.

I'd like to see that rig in person .....I'll bet the interior is super cool.....