Frijole Find

Found another Taco today. The seller said his Dad got it in the early 60s' when he was 10. It's a Frijole with what looks like A Bonanza front end. After I cut off those brackets and take out the harbor freight motor. ( nothing wrong with them, I just like the old stuff) I'll have something to work with. It also has those sweet Go Powers. I just took my 44 frame to the Powder Coaters ,so this ones gonna have to wait!

markus

Thanks for the heads up! So what is is it Markus?
I believe its a Micro cycle out of Oklahoma. And while there may be alterations and add ons I would do some research before taking a saw to anything. I think its based off the drifter or cyclone models, the only literature I have on them I recently posted up in the "Not so common" mini bike thread.

Last edited:

markus

That thing is Bad ass! Way cool the tank was there too!!!! I think the seat is original as well, or at least modeled after the orginal.

Did the seller have any recollection of what was originally in for an engine? I would guess 2 stroke due to the tank and amount (or lack) of room for a 4 stroke. But that early Tec engine you recently were asking about would be a REAL close match for that bike if it fits.

That thing is Bad ass! Way cool the tank was there too!!!! I think the seat is original as well, or at least modeled after the orginal.

Did the seller have any recollection of what was originally in for an engine? I would guess 2 stroke due to the tank and amount (or lack) of room for a 4 stroke. But that early Tec engine you recently were asking about would be a REAL close match for that bike if it fits.
I was thinking the same thing. I asked him if he had the original engine and he said No. I'll see how the Tec/Lauson fits tommorow. Thanks Again.

The Rebels engine choices were the Sachs with 4 speed and the AH58 Tecumseh from what I've seen, I had an opportunity to buy a hacked up one without the tank and I'd pay with a briggs engine but passed because I'd never find the parts to make it whole. It is one of my bucket list bikes and even in Oklahoma they are super rare, this one you found is the second one I've ever seen in photos and I've only seen two in person. The 1st was a sachs powered Rebel flying up Peoria ave. in Tulsa circa 1971-72 where they were made and the second was the unfortunate one I had to pass up. I have not given up on finding at least an unmodified roller to build. I'd pay moon rock money for a complete survivor example with the AH58 or Sachs either one, they are goofy looking and you either love em or hate em like the MTDs. Great find Joe, I know you'll treat her right.

The Tec found a new home!
Thanks All!

Last edited: