front shocks for mmb80 or db30

IMG_20170426_092202.jpg Front]Front Shock Absorber for QG 50 49cc 2 Stroke Mini Pit Bike Front | eBay Shock Absorber for QG 50 49cc 2 Stroke Mini Pit Bike | eBay[/url] Front Shock Absorber for QG-50 49cc 2-Stroke Mini Pit Bike | eBay[/url] put shocks and a headlight on my mmb80 yesterday morning.no welding ..used 1" bike seat clamps.. member sprocket86 idea..works well...left 8" of fork and slid them on.had to twist and rubber malet to get them up there,left 3" more length to raise front end some..i suggest leaving at lest 1 to 2" for compression to keep ride height.doing wheelies on dirt roads and low jumps ..they have almost 3" travel.i got these for $27..got another few months ago $50..good deal..:biggrin:

Last edited:

SAS289

How much of the original fork is slid into the shock? Did you ever think about putting these onto your Coleman? This seems like a better idea than completely building a whole new fork assembly.

The Pit Bike Forks wont work on a Coleman CT200U. [MENTION=55626]Stitch[/MENTION] has already tried it and ended up using Yamaha PW-80 front forks with fabricated triple trees of his own design. There is a thread on it.

If I remember correctly he said the tubing was larger on the 200's.

He hasn't been on in several weeks but I am sure he will show up again.

Doug

How much of the original fork is slid into the shock? Did you ever think about putting these onto your Coleman? This seems like a better idea than completely building a whole new fork assembly.
I left 8" of original forks to support..i got another pair,but i think may not chance cutting my ct200u forks may be too light for the coleman.unless leave 12" or more of the Coleman's forks.i knew i could take these back off and shorten one and a half inches to look better if needed ..maybe use black bike clamps..it does ride way better

Last edited:
I left 8" of original forks to support..i got another pair,but i think may not chance cutting my ct200u forks may be too light for the coleman.unless leave 12" or more of the Coleman's forks.i knew i could take these back off and shorten one and a half inches to look better if needed ..maybe use black bike clamps..it does ride way better
The frame tubing should be bigger on the CT200 Poppa Wheelie. Better check it close before you cut it...

Doug

The frame tubing should be bigger on the CT200 Poppa Wheelie. Better check it close before you cut it...

Doug
I took off left grip and took cutoff piece and it will go on..when you put these on it's so tight paint scrapes off just like mmb80..so if sand paint off would go on..i don't think i will do it..i do have a db30 may put on sometime..not really a priority for the coleman..

View attachment 96368 Front]Front Shock Absorber for QG 50 49cc 2 Stroke Mini Pit Bike Front | eBay Shock Absorber for QG 50 49cc 2 Stroke Mini Pit Bike | eBay[/url] Front Shock Absorber for QG-50 49cc 2-Stroke Mini Pit Bike | eBay[/url] put shocks and a headlight on my mmb80 yesterday morning.no welding ..used 1" bike seat clamps.. member sprocket86 idea..works well...left 8" of fork and slid them on.had to twist and rubber malet to get them up there,left 3" more length to raise front end some..i suggest leaving at lest 1 to 2" for compression to keep ride height.doing wheelies on dirt roads and low jumps ..they have almost 3" travel.i got these for $27..got another few months ago $50..good deal..:biggrin:
Hey Poppa Wheelie. How are these holding up? I figure you have gotten in plenty of riding time by now to give a review of them.

Doug

Hey Poppa Wheelie. How are these holding up? I figure you have gotten in plenty of riding time by now to give a review of them.

Doug
Hey....:smile:..they work great.Thanks to [MENTION=50915]2SlickNick[/MENTION] for sharing idea using these and [MENTION=17975]Sprocket86[/MENTION] using bicycle seat clamps for a solution for people who don't weld.. [MENTION=57698]EVOL Tweety Bird[/MENTION] used them on the ct200u so seems is working out ok for others...Really a cheap mod that works..:thumbsup: I am currently repowering the mm mb80 that has em w a clone off the ct200u that is being worked on so I'm having fun!

Last edited:
Yep they fit just fine. Only thing I did really to make em fit was to clean up the inside of the new forks with a file. There is a spot inside the new tube where it's put together that sits proud, that's what makes them a booger to install. I just took a half round file and filed it down very slightly. They then slip right on, no pounding needed.

pure evol 3.jpg

Yep they fit just fine. Only thing I did really to make em fit was to clean up the inside of the new forks with a file. There is a spot inside the new tube where it's put together that sits proud, that's what makes them a booger to install. I just took a half round file and filed it down very slightly. They then slip right on, no pounding needed.

View attachment 103610
Good looking little Coleman EVOL. I like the tires on it they look good.

Doug

Thanks Doug. I like it, it rides so much better with those tires compared to the stock versions. Seems like the sidewalls are stiffer, so it feels more planted to the road vs the spongy ride it had with the stock knobbies.