Gabrielle (Daniel) Coop's - "G Thang" Motovox MBX10 - (Chinese Class)

Daniel Coop

Daughter/Father team, my daughter will be hands on in every aspect and decision of the build. We were told we could only compete in one class with the bike (although I hoped it'd qualify for 18 under and "China" class) but my daughter decided she wanted to play with the big boys so China class it is. Get ready for some pink fellas. Daddy's Little Monster.

Glad to see this Daniel. She will enjoy the time spent in the Build off and after. When its all hers! Welcome to the Great Chinese Build Off...

Daniel Coop

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I only wish I had known about this Build off when I started building my DB last summer. Unfortunately we don't have quite the budget to go that crazy on this one and I want my daughter to do as much as possible. I chose to give her my GX200, for it's safety and reliability. Besides the governor delete, re-jet, intake, and an exhaust, I will only install OE Honda 18lb springs and call the motor good. She's 9, and likes to go fast, but we try to play safely. She was riding my Easyrider before we got her the Motovox and it's just too slow for her. We will concentrate on custom finishes/color schemes and upholstery

Last edited:

Daniel Coop

Sorry gentlemen, been a busy week and I have also been trying to get together my own personal entry into the Build-Off. Since our last post, we have only accumulated a parts list from a couple of our favorite vendor's and began ordering parts. We have just ordered $235 dollars worth of goodies from my personal favorite vendor for the Chinese made minis; Hotrodminibike.com. Shaun over there, took great care of me during my Stretched DB build, and carries quality products. We ordered their; PMR adjustable motor mount and clutch cover, a UNI air filter and crankcase breather filter, their "Shotgun" exhaust pipe with RLV muffler and Motovox hydraulic brake kit. I also managed to locate a brand new MBX11 front fork set online for it. Seems to be the last in existence and is expensive at $185. I am waiting for the seller to get back from a trip to ship them. He wanted $200, but after I told him about the Build-Off and that it was for my daughter, he offered a discount. Only thing left to order parts wise is a split sprocket adapter and some sprockets to try. Any suggestions?? Don't want a wheelie machine for my daughter, but don't necessarily want her doing 55-60 MPH on the top end either. Was thinking about trying maybe a 56, 58 and 60? Should probably mention that we already have a Max Torque 12t clutch.

Last edited:
Sorry gentlemen, been a busy week and I have also been trying to get together my own personal entry into the Build-Off. Since our last post, we have only accumulated a parts list from a couple of our favorite vendor's and began ordering parts. We have just ordered $235 dollars worth of goodies from my personal favorite vendor for the Chinese made minis; Hotrodminibike.com. Shaun over there, took great care of me during my Stretched DB build, and carries quality products. We ordered their; PMR adjustable motor mount and clutch cover, a UNI air filter and crankcase breather filter, their "Shotgun" exhaust pipe with RLV muffler and Motovox hydraulic brake kit. I also managed to locate a brand new MBX11 front fork set online for it. Seems to be the last in existence and is expensive at $185. I am waiting for the seller to get back from a trip to ship them. He wanted $200, but after I told him about the Build-Off and that it was for my daughter, he offered a discount. Only thing left to order parts wise is a split sprocket adapter and some sprockets to try. Any suggestions?? Don't want a wheelie machine for my daughter, but don't necessarily want her doing 55-60 MPH on the top end either. Was thinking about trying maybe a 56, 58 and 60? Should probably mention that we already have a Max Torque 12t clutch.
With 2 builds going you'll be a busy man, don't forget to snap some pics although I know how it is when your on a roll.

Daniel Coop

Would love to use these freebie X8-X9 wheels, but would take some machine work to make work. The flanges are puny 3 bolt to hold both the rotors and sprocket on the front and rear wheels. The positive side is that even though they only have 3 mounting holes, they do line up with the stock rotor and sprocket. But on the downside, the rear wheel has 2 of 3 bolts sheared off in the aluminum wheel and I am sure more will snap if and when I try to remove the rear sprocket and front rotor. Then I would need custom spacers in between the rotor/sprocket and rear wheel to line up the caliper to the rotor and sprocket on the other side. Anybody know or is a good machinest?

Daniel Coop

So... The seller of the MBX11 fork set, after graciously offering to lower his price from $200 to $185, decided to back out of the deal when he returned from his trip. Instead, he offered to sell me a used, beat up set for $160:grind:. I got back on the internet and messeged Motovox directly (now Motoped) because I had already talked to them about the axle and spacers, to see if by chance they had a MBX11 fork set. After explaining the situation through email, a rep from Motoped got back to me rather quickly and said that he would see what he could do. The next morning he called me back directly and offered a complete fork set with axle and spacers pulled right off one of their gently used demo bikes. $80+ shipping. Thanks Motovox/Motoped!! I feel like a jerk because I got so excited, I didn't even get the gentleman's name. Otherwise I would give him props. They came through! I don't think they have any more though, in case you guys reading this, think you can all buy one like it. It seemed as though they were making special exception for me after I explained in detail what I was doing and what had happened.