Gabrielle (Daniel) Coop's - "G Thang" Motovox MBX10 - (Chinese Class)

Daniel Coop

After another coating of powder and $20 later, I have new precision, sealed bearings installed. Time to get busy...
installed the back DB wheel with sprocket adapter and hopped up GX200 in it's home while assembling the front forks.
Personally, I am loving the color combo...Pink or not, I will be proud to ride this thing. I sure didn't have anything this cool when I was a kid. I got a few more tricks up my sleeves to tie it all together.

Daniel Coop

Fit these red anodized aluminum bars and Honda handlebar pad and thought they were a bit too wide, so I measured and taped off an inch from each end...
and proceeded to cut and narrow the bars 2".
with the grips and controls mounted to the completed front end, I added the finishing touch to the now finished front end. A custom # plate decal I had made with the #10. I thought it was perfect, since this is her 10th birthday present and my baby girl is now 10.

Daniel Coop

Almost done...Had mounted the rear fender yesterday and decided it looked out of place and stood out like a sore thumb in it's black plastic finish. With a little research, I found a spray paint made specifically to use on plastics, that didn't require any additional adhesion promoters or primers. Krylon Fusion paint. Worked good, but took nearly the whole can to cover the 1 black plastic fender. Dried quickly and seems to be almost part of the plastic now, not paint. Used probably 8-9 coats and their gloss UV protection clear-coat to seal it up. Could be riding this thing tomorrow, but I keep coming up with new, different ideas and have a few additions to add yet.

Daniel Coop

Thumbs up, like the color combination!
Thank you for the compliment. I absolutely love it and am pretty sure I have built a nicer​ bike for her than my DB. I haven't​ left anything alone and the couple of things I haven't touched are about to receive some attention. I haven't personally seen another Motovox taken this far, and am a little surprised I haven't gotten more love on it considering... Oh well, it's for my daughter and all for fun

Ain't nothin but a 'G Thang' baby...2 loced out Coop's goin crazy. Lol. Hey, she's a girl, her name is Gabrielle and she's a little G.

Daniel, I don't think the camera can do it justice. It looks good in the pics but I bet it is something to see in person. Its a good looking combo that's for sure.

Doug

Exactly. On this build, I am looking forward to seeing the smile on Lil' G's face when she rides it. That is everything. Forget the opinion of people on the internet, because their opinions don't matter.
On this forum, if you don't build a vintage bike nobody inputs feedback. I noticed this so I took my Chinese bike in a group, since it was shunned upon for a sub section, and everyone has positive feedback there. As a father, you know what will make your little girl happy, and although posting pics for others to see, the real pride comes from the reveal day. Take a video , you'll have the reaction forever. That pink bike is a little girls dream.

Daniel Coop

On this forum, if you don't build a vintage bike nobody inputs feedback. I noticed this so I took my Chinese bike in a group, since it was shunned upon for a sub section, and everyone has positive feedback there. As a father, you know what will make your little girl happy, and although posting pics for others to see, the real pride comes from the reveal day. Take a video , you'll have the reaction forever. That pink bike is a little girls dream.
I think that's funny if true, especially since half these guys put Chinese motors in their vintage American minis, but I think it's more of a fact that a lot of it seems more like a popularity contest than a contest of vision, skill, commitment and follow through. You'll see some threads with 10,000+ views, and 20 guys complimenting one little thing or wondering where someone's at, that's not even actively posting. No disrespect to any of them...Either way, I have come to stop caring and just want to make my daughter happy and proud. I am happy building for myself.
Finally got the softer, functional springs installed on the same shocks and now have a working suspension seat. Had ordered another set of shocks and springs, but the shocks themselves were about a half inch shorter, so I took them apart and swapped springs...
The short shocks and fatty springs for the garbage.

I have made the decision to swap out gas tanks with a smaller diameter, but longer version of what I have now, and will be anodizing it and the clutch cover red to tie in the red anodized bars. Considering doing the shocks too, but as much issue as they've given me, I just as soon leave them alone.
Another unforeseeable problem is that with the RLV gold chain on and everything about where it should be, my chain is exactly one link too long. But I can't remove one link, it'd be 2 and then after I lowered the rear fender a little, if I slide back the engine enough to compensate, it'll be hitting the fender. Partially my own stupidity for having an even amount of teeth on the clutch, and an uneven amount on the sprocket, but it would seem my best option, to swap out the 57t split sprocket for a 58t or 56t. That way, I have everything where I want it and clearance between the hot engine and plastic fender. Then I can hopefully call this one done.

Last edited:

Daniel Coop

Is it possible to put a bend in the exhaust to clear the fender or would the seat hit it going down?
There's no issues whatsoever with clearance between the exhaust, seat and rear fender, it doesn't come close to touching. I fixed that, but it caused the fender​ to come in a little closer to the engine, not giving me a lot of room to move the engine back and forth, so a 58t split sprocket has been ordered to take the slack out of the chain and should solve my issue.

Davis

There's no issues whatsoever with clearance between the exhaust, seat and rear fender, it doesn't come close to touching. I fixed that, but it caused the fender​ to come in a little closer to the engine, not giving me a lot of room to move the engine back and forth, so a 58t split sprocket has been ordered to take the slack out of the chain and should solve my issue.
Oh I got ya you'll get it just keep on keepin on it.

Daniel Coop

Thought I would share how I finished up the under-side of the seat and pivot points. The old front seat mount was left as a stop for the seat and I stuffed a super hard rubber grommet through the old mounting hole as a cushion and used a button head bolt in the new custom front seat mount that hits the grommet perfectly.(almost...lol) More finds at my local Ace Hardware, along with the grade 8 bolts and nylon insert lock nuts and washers I used on the suspended seat. And 10.9 grade metric bolts I used for​ the handlebar risers. Caught flack and started an argument about bolt grades in an earlier post regarding the sprocket bolts...lol
another hardware store find. A padded wire hold down to attach my brake hose to something...

Daniel Coop

Nice coop..awsum job:thumbsup:..i used a metal 1/8" thick metal "backbone" on my mmb80 springed seat :smile:
I noticed...that was cool! :thumbsup: But I was really trying to maintain the factory look of the bike to make it look like it was supposed to be that way.