Garage Photo Fun

I built a 20 x 20 shop in my back yard several years ago and have enjoyed it very much, but I only recently cleared everything out to finish the sheetrock and painting. It was so full of motorcycles and stuff! I decided that before I cram everything back in, I'm going to use the open space to photograph my minis, motorbikes and other items, such as my small collections of bicycles and old power lawnmowers.

Here are some before and after pics of my minor construction project, taken from the same point in the room, and a couple of bike shots from the past two days. I'll put up more later. This project could take weeks. :laugh:

CarPlayLB

Very nice Tom! It came out super nice! ...and that Yamaha 2 stroke makes my privates tingle! very nice bikes...they match the exceptional job on the "shop"!

Tom, I see one thing in this picture that tells me you are a thinking man. Most people never give it a thought and only put in single outlets when wiring a garage. I see that you used double outlets at every location. Very wise choice. When I started wiring my shop I ran a large main conduit from front to rear dead center of the shop. I ran right and left to each column, 4 of them and ran a single 220 drop along with a 110 drop that has 4 outlets on one side of the column and 4 outlets on the other side of the column. That's 8 outlets back to back. Couldn't tell you how many times I have had something plugged into all 8 at the same time....

Floor turned out very nice. And I don't know anything about street bikes and have never ridden a street bike but I would be proud to own that red Yamaha 350. That thing is sexy!

Doug

I had double outlets placed all over my garage too only I had them mounted higher so I didn't have to bend down or move stuff out of the way to get at them... :)
Come on - someone had to say something negative about your stellar garage.
I wasn't smart enough to have a fine floor like that installed though :-(

Danford1

Thanks for the kind words. The room looks bigger because it's empty. My regular garage is now extra-full of stuff, my trailer is full of stuff, I've even got a minibike sitting on the back seat of my pickup truck while this gets done. Pretty soon it will all return to the shop and things will be back to normal. But for a little while I'm going to play photo studio.

I'm not the fastest when it comes to projects such as this. We put up the building in 2005, but I lived with drop lights and extension cords running from my house until my electrical wizard buddy helped me to wire it in 2011. I got a gas water heater and just used the old electric heater's circuit to power the shed via a buried cable. No 220V, but plenty of juice for my needs. I added insulation soon after, but not much else since. I was getting sick of poking holes in the insulation with handlebars, so when I met a neighbor in September who has a sheetrock business I was like "Let's go!" My other buddy had his garage's floor painted at the same time and I liked the contractor's work. It all came together in one big motion and a couple of big checks.

It has taken me a year and a half to get this far and I'm still not done.:laugh: Building a office in the back corner.

Looking good Karen. You will get a lot of use out of that. I am going to build a 20 x 30 clean room in my shop sometime this summer. Heat and Air so that it will be useable year round. It will be big enough to have a lift in it and all the tools and welding equipment out of the "dirty environment" that the work area ends up being... I am looking forward to getting it done. I have 3 30 foot I beams for the ceiling so that I can span them front to rear and fill them with 10' 2x10''s. Will still give me about 7 feet of storage height over the room. Good place for Minibike parts and pieces...

Doug