Gas price.

Li'l Popeye

Hello.
I was wondering what the gasprice is in the usa, because at the moment here in Netherlands it is €1,70/ltr. When my calculations are right that would mean $7,27/Us gallon.

Paid $2.75 US/gallon here in SE Michigan yesterday.. and that is pricey for here... Wife left the tank bone dry on me and I was forced to get fuel near the highway at 5 am.. I seen it later in the day somewhere else near here for $2.65

Gracious Popeye...$7.27 for a gallon ! I guess we are blessed in that regard, I just paid $2.65 a gallon.

Given the high prices there, what sort of vehicles do most folks drive, and what sort of mileage do they get ?

Thanks !

Davis

Wow that’s nutts. We have a station a block from my house with ethanol free 88 for $2.75 that’s all I use.

brown boonie

JUST REMEMBER-EXPECT IT WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT!
AROUND $2.70 A GALLON IN UPSTATE NY. MOST OF EUROPE HAS EXPENSIVE GAS (PETROL) PRICES, THAT'S WHY DIESEL CARS ARE SO POPULAR THERE.

delray

$2.69 up to $2.74 for low grade (87) today in my area and I have also notes I can't seem to find any pumps with 93 octane. everbody seems to be replacing it with 91 ethanol -free gas.

Went past $2 here in OKC approaching $3 now in some areas and is in some higher grades of fuel. It'll bounce back we should be used to it by now but at the peak it's tough to take. I have 3 running driving tagged and insured vehicles right now and really feeling it in the wallet, less beer money is a tough thing to adjust to.

Li'l Popeye

Gracious Popeye...$7.27 for a gallon ! I guess we are blessed in that regard, I just paid $2.65 a gallon.

Given the high prices there, what sort of vehicles do most folks drive, and what sort of mileage do they get ?

Thanks !
Hello.
I drive a Citroën Berlingo 1.6 diesel small company van. It's cheaper in road taxes. Yes, we (dutch) have to pay road tax.
Most people drive gas. People that make more miles/year drive diesel cars.
My Citroën Berlingo makes 15-20 km with 1 liter of diesel fuel (normal driving).
1 mile is 1,6km and 1 gallon is 3,785 ltr.
What is the mpg?

I just filled up my Ford van for the first time in Washington State. I bought Chevrons middle grade @ $365.09 and in this state you have to pump your own gas. My van has a 35 gallon tank but it stopped at $100.00 I just love my big Trident V8 motor LOL

delray

I just filled up my Ford van for the first time in Washington State. I bought Chevrons middle grade @ $365.09 and in this state you have to pump your own gas. My van has a 35 gallon tank but it stopped at $100.00 I just love my big Trident V8 motor LOL
I think when bp bought out standard oil and mobile change over to small conveniece stores around here the full service went bye...bye.. and thats been years....when all that happen.
to bad they still don't do that. our standards of living and respect for are elders and helping them with full service is all out the door now.

pomfish

I think when bp bought out standard oil and mobile change over to small conveniece stores around here the full service went bye...bye.. and thats been years....when all that happen.
to bad they still don't do that. our standards of living and respect for are elders and helping them with full service is all out the door now.
My first job was pumping gas at full service ARCO gas station, family owned and operated.
Having full service is another set of eyes seeing under people's hoods and making them aware of leaky hoses, leaks, etc. when we were checking the oil.
We didn't do it to solicit business as our garage business was always very busy, we just wanted to make sure people had less of a chance of break downs on the highway. With no cellphones back then, breaking down was a scary proposition.
Folks like my sister never check under the hood, she just gasses and goes. Book smart and street stupid. Try to educate her and it goes in one ear and out the other.
So for her and thousands like her a person who knows what to look for is a Godsend.

Our garage always had free air as well with a dang good compressor, not a wimpy one like at Sheetz that struggles to get to 45 psi.
Still think there is a a market for full service even if price is more. If they advertise FULL SERVICE right next to the price they would get business for sure.

Later,
Keith

bruces

There are two full service stations within 5 minutes of my home ,so they are still around ,and are the same price or cheaper than the local self serve joints .I find it real handy when it’s -30 out and I am putting $200.00 gas in my pick up .