Gas tank fitting question

Hello again,

When I bought my first project bike, a Stellar Quasi, I also received the pictured gas tank. My question is what kind of fitting/petcock do I need for the fuel line? I’ve looked everywhere online and can’t find a petcock or fitting that has a female connection. The tank was used on the bike so I know it’s out there. Any help would be greatly appreciated... 7B0C7129-01A7-42AE-9F19-058E279338BC.jpeg 57151F86-3D81-4C58-B7D8-FCE72F4EE537.jpeg E12917A7-11B1-40FA-B0A7-BA0B1626A58D.jpeg

mustangfrank

Hello again,

When I bought my first project bike, a Stellar Quasi, I also received the pictured gas tank. My question is what kind of fitting/petcock do I need for the fuel line? I’ve looked everywhere online and can’t find a petcock or fitting that has a female connection. The tank was used on the bike so I know it’s out there. Any help would be greatly appreciated... View attachment 270151 View attachment 270152 View attachment 270153
Gotta figure out the thread size and type first, can't tell from pictures but if it has a very slight taper it's NPT (common).

They are out there, some even have the reserve standpipes which is cool.

This one is a Kawasaki type and metric threads but just an example. Google mini bike petcock and look under images tab for easy searching.

Attachments

Gotta figure out the thread size and type first, can't tell from pictures but if it has a very slight taper it's NPT (common).

They are out there, some even have the reserve standpipes which is cool.

This one is a Kawasaki type and metric threads but just an example. Google mini bike petcock and look under images tab for easy searching.
I just googled “mini bike petcock” and sure enough there it is. I think I put too much info in my other searches.. ha. It’s amazing what you can find it you type the right thing in. Thanks

So far no luck. It’s 3/8 with a fine thread and I can’t find anything. Checked all the Home Depot’s and Lowe’s and a few small engine shops and nobody has anything...only in course thread. I never thought about a motorcycle shop or scrap yard.. looks like I have plans for the next few days.

minibikefever

you can also check ebay for a fine thread female petcock you can find them for older scooters, I needed one a while back and that's where I located it, good luck...