Gemini brakes?

Anyone know of a supplier/vendor that can re-line the brake shoes on my Gemini? The shoes I have are in decent shape, but there's no friction lining left on them. It appears that the original adhesive gave up some time ago.

Roger

Sorry about that, Maverick. I completely missed that I had a PM this morning.
I'll work on a pair of pics and dimensions.

Standby.....Roger

markus

Heres was some info I posted up sometime back for somebody, your drum looks like the rong shin one I had at the time:

one the left is OEM honda (black), the right is a NOS victor Top is a Rong shin which is off a powerdyne with the same style wheel hub...only not as wide.

they all use the same brake shoes, sometimes marked ask or agk. Judging by your pics an actual z50 plate and brake arm would be right on for spacing ect... which incidentally is the same pads that 1969-70 rupps used, so the guys on ebay that sell them for $45 are just selling you a $10-15 set of honda replacement shoes :smile:

just my two cents worth any brake repair shop can get the old shoes rebonded had a set off a gemini bike i needed doing, think cost was about fifty dollars or try and match with another model bike as some honda but most yamaha bits interchange also what model gemini is it

Last edited:
just my two cents worth any brake repair shop can get the old shoes rebonded had a set off a gemini bike i needed doing, think cost was about fifty dollars or try and match with another model bike as some honda but most yamaha bits interchange also what model gemini is it
********************************************************************************

It's a Scrambler, with 4-1/4" brakes. My local Honda shop had no CT brakes in stock, so no joy there. Still need to hit up the Yamaha dealer. I did chance it on the 4-1/4 brake assembly that OldMiniBikes sells, and I believe the shoes would work, but they are about 2/3 as wide as the original Gemini shoes.

Roger