Gemini Scrambler

cfh

I picked this bike up from a local guy. I believe it's a Gemini Scrambler:
http://www.pinrepair.com/minibikes/gemini1970_scrambler_ad.jpg
Put a new motor in and made a custom exhaust. The original Comet TC had a 5/8" shaft drive so that got upgraded to a TAV30 (new motor had 3/4" shaft.) It is repainted, was originally red. Gas tank is probably not original. It handle very nice, good riding bike. It's comfortable too. Does anyone have any additional info on this model? thanks!

gemini_scrambler1.jpg

gemini_scrambler2.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Scrambler that I purchased from thee original owner.. he took it apart when he was 12 and kept 90% of the parts all I had to do was paint and assemble... 20170511_170113.jpg

Ding Ding

Very cool! Is the orange the original color? Mine seems to be red originally
Yes the bike is completely original. All original orange paint, original chrome, everything. I have never seen a red one, just orange and green.

Does your bike have adjustable handlebars?

cfh

According to the flyer red was the original color. “Deluxe candy apple paint”. My handlebars fold in the middle

Last edited:
I’m new on here. I just picked up a Gemini Scrambler and i’m going to restore it. The main question I have is what torque converter it has? In the picture it has the rear but no engine so the front is a mystery to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. How rare are these bikes, I can’t seem to find very much information on them. 1565759185266.jpeg

cfh

The driven torque converter part you have on your green gemini is a series20 style. on my blue gemini (top of the thread) i re-made the jackshaft and installed a series30. But the 20 is probably original. Yours looks like a fairbank morse and probably uses a 5/8" belt. New series20 today use a 3/4" belt. You can make it work but you'll have to convert either the driven or the drive to the belt size you want.