Generc 196cc Hemi

Fisher1983

Hi, been a while since I have been on here. I got a Generac power washer this weekend with a blown pump. Engine is a 196cc Hemi, block is stamped 200F (Harbor Freight Hemi is usually 210FA.) So its obviously a Loncin, like HF, but what is the difference between the 196 and the 212? Bore? Stroke? Bore AND stroke? Never seen a 196 Hemi before...didn't know they were made. Will 212 stuff still fit the 196? Thank you.

SAS289

196 is 68x54mm and the 212 is 70x55mm for the bore and stroke. Your engine may be a 196 clone that just uses a hemi head. (??)

Excluding the head it would be nice if everything else was 196 clone. In other words all clone parts except for the head. Just easier to deal with when buying parts.

Fisher1983

196 is 68x54mm and the 212 is 70x55mm for the bore and stroke. Your engine may be a 196 clone that just uses a hemi head. (??)

Excluding the head it would be nice if everything else was 196 clone. In other words all clone parts except for the head. Just easier to deal with when buying parts.
Yeah I agree. I guess I won't know for sure until I get into it this fall. It appears to have the same excellent castings as the 212 Hemi. I don't support China anymore (I bought this used...) but the Loncin engines seem to be the best quality. Whatever is inside it, I can't tell the difference in power...it hauls butt like the 212 Hemis I've owned before.