Getting to work on a super special project this week

A quick back story is my best friend in jr high/high school, Todd has a nephew battling leukemia. I've been very close with him and his entire family for 30 years. Graham is only 6 and has been through more than any should have to with this cancer. I just knew from day one that this kid had what it takes to fight this fight and win.
After a two year battle, he is now in remission and got his Make A Wish trip this week. He is spending time in San Diego at Legoland and the San Diego Zoo. He got to sit in the cockpit of the jet during the flight (don't tell)!! He's just a super kid and deserves to be healthy as does every child.
Ok, now the fun part. My friend (Graham's uncle) has a large farm and purchased some gokarts in disrepair. Graham has been bugging him to get these things running for a few months. I was able to get together with my friend Todd. He purchased all new Predator engines for the karts. Graham had picked out colors for his kart and Todd secretly painted it last weekend when Graham left for his trip. He delivered the kart to me last night for the assembly/mechanics. I'm busier than I need to be right now, but there was no way I could not take this on. I should have it completely assembled by Friday and tested. He will be home late Saturday and hopefully take delivery Sunday. I'll make sure I get a picture to post. I'm super excited and so are my kids. I know we have some members here fighting the battle currently and have lost some family as well. I know it hits home for more people than it should so I just wanted to share a positive outcome for those that may be struggling!

I appreciate any positivity here as that was my goal for posting. I don't need any accolades. If this makes Graham or anyone else fighting this horrible battle smile just once, I'll be elated.

Here's a pic of Graham with one of the master builders at Lego Land. The piece that they made gets added to the town and will be a permanent fixture forever!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437134997.620680.jpg

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

Last edited:
Sorry it took so long for the update. With vacations and all kind of crazy stuff going on Todd and I just couldn't get together to give Graham the kart. So to prevent any further waiting he unveiled it yesterday. This guy is tickled pink!! He drove it and did very well. I guess I'll have to get started on the next one for his brother! Here are some quick pictures. He's wearing his bicycle helmet.... :(
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440463231.672320.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440463239.191659.jpg

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]