Gilson in Prescott, AZ $300

I've never been crazy about these bikes, but if it wasn't a two hour drive each way, I'd probably get it. Just up the road for the Phoenix guys. Even comes with extra stuff you can hide in the weekly trash pickup. I've seen worse restorations.

Gilson Mini Bike

00707_iNH38kwjTzj_600x450.jpg

I wouldn't mind having that frontend and rear fender but that tav mounting (possible hack) worries me.
It's a Comet TAV with backing plate. Not the way I'd do it...this probably was a two speed bike given the size of the jackshaft plates, though the original chain guard is the long version. Got nearly everything else. A Manchester seat, two speed clutch, re-popped clutch guard and this would be a nice pseudo-survivor. And, no....while I'd love a lighted Gilson...:laugh:

It's a Comet TAV with backing plate. Not the way I'd do it...this probably was a two speed bike given the size of the jackshaft plates, though the original chain guard is the long version. Got nearly everything else. A Manchester seat, two speed clutch, re-popped clutch guard and this would be a nice pseudo-survivor. And, no....while I'd love a lighted Gilson...:laugh:
Yeah I know how the comet's attach to the engine but I'd be worried if/what they done to the rest of the rear and if it could be easily reversed. IMHO the factory way is the only way. I just like the look of a headlight on the front, just looks naked without something up there. My plans are to have a mini LED bar on the front of mine but it won't look right.

Wish the pictures were a bit better. That air cleaner looks like one I have here I was thinking of using. It was an old flathead ford hotrod part.

Last edited: