Glenn brocco 3 wheeler build

WELL I SPENT MOST OF THE DAY TAKING APART REAR ENDS AND CLEANING THEM UP,,, TO SEE WHICH ONE WAS THE BEST. IT WAS A NASTY JOB SOME FUNKY OLD GREASE IN THEM BUT I GOT THEM CLEANED. ALL OF THE ALUMINUM HOUSING ONES WEAR ALL IN GREAT SHAPE. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IN THEM WAS THE AXLE LENGTH.
THE STEEL ONE THE SPIDER GEARS ARE SHOT. THEY ARE PEERLESS,, I WAS GOING TO USE THE AXLES BUT I THINK I WELL MAKE KNEW ONES TO THE LENGTH I WANT.
I REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT THE REAR WIDTH IS. I HAVE ONLY SEEN 3 PHOTOS OF THEM AND THEY ARE ADDS. SO I WAS THING MAYBE THE WIDTH OF A GO CART ? ANY IDEALS. SO HEAR SOME PHOTOS OF WHAT I DID TO DAY
:grind:

FIRST off i must say i hate cleaning up a frame ,,the dust get every wear !!!!!. and am glad that the guy that had this bike before me dindt have any I BEAMS LAYING AROUND HE WOULD HAVE USED IT ON HEAR. So i have the deferential picked out. got the boat anchor cut off and the frame cleaned up ,,and the back end cut off. am going to work on laying out the back end tomorrow. and order some parts.:grind:

Glenn...what are you planning on using for drive wheels in the back...can you modify a couple of the Broncco rims....?

>>>ahhh just noticed you have some cool looking vintage rims and slicks :thumbsup:

Last edited:
What are you using for grease in your differentials? I use Peerless recommeded grease p/n 788067B a Bentonite grease. Comes in a 32 oz. squeeze bottle which is enough for about 10 diffs. Good Luck

What are you using for grease in your differentials? I use Peerless recommeded grease p/n 788067B a Bentonite grease. Comes in a 32 oz. squeeze bottle which is enough for about 10 diffs. Good Luck

That's good info...I packed mine with some vintage heavy black wheel bearing grease I had (Lubri-matic?)...but I haven't run it yet. The diff I got was nos and the grease inside was very thick.