Go Kart Cycle / Flexo Scrapbook

Hi guys, I’m new to this site and I am excited to come across this site and thread. Ok so to start I have an old mini bike since I was a kid. (I’m in my late 40’s now) And I got it from another kid who was going to throw it away late 70’s and it was just a frame then, when I got older in my late teens in the 80’s I attempted build it to run again but got to a certain point gave up. I kept it in my moms garage till 04’ and took it to my home, then made another attempt to get it running again and got it to the point you see in the pics below, but again no success and lost interest. And been sitting on my side yard till now.

So I finally wanted to get back in to it again but wanted to know what kind of frame I have and I was doing a search for any mini bike fourms, shows or events here in so cal. and came across Joe’s minibike reunion and he has a friend name Richard “Mac” McGill, and I searched his name he has a minibike yard sale and came across this youtube video created and was surprised to see this frame that looked like my frame and the guy mentions “homemade super scrambler frame” and I was blown away that this frame looked like my frame, Now I was on a roll and search the frame name and found this OldMiniBikes site, how excited I am to see all these pics and to see where my frame came from, Now Im really going to fix this thing up and do it right!

Hi guys, I’m new to this site and I am excited to come across this site and thread. Ok so to start I have this old mini bike since I was a kid. (I’m in my late 40’s now) And I got it from another kid who was going to throw it away in the late 70’s and it was just a frame then, when I got older in my late teens in the 80’s I attempted build it to run again but got to a certain point gave up. I kept it in my moms garage till 04’ and took it to my home, then made another attempt to get it running again and got it to the point you see in the pics below, but again no success and lost interest. And been sitting on my side yard till now.

So I finally wanted to get back in to it again but wanted to know what kind of frame I have and I was doing a search for any mini bike fourms, shows or events here in so cal. and came across Joe’s minibike reunion and he has a friend name Richard “Mac” McGill, and I searched his name he has a minibike yard sale and came across this youtube video created https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBUj7m8xt7Y and was surprised to see this frame that looked like my frame and the guy mentions “homemade super scrambler frame” and I was blown away that this frame looked like my frame, Now I was on a roll and search the frame name and found this OldMiniBikes site, how excited I am to see all these pics and to see where my frame came from, Now Im really going to fix this thing up and do it right!

Im trying to upload pic links but it's not letting me please help!

Pics are in my profile under Rides, or see photobucket links.

Last edited:
Have a Flexo? Want to put a bigger engine? Well, BEND IT!

P1011393.JPG

I did not do this, I got it this way. It's got the original gearing, to say it's wheelie prone is an understatement.

- Bee

Figured I should add mine to the list. I somehow talked my way into getting this from a good local friend of mine DoodleBug Jr. Only thing I have done to it was the NOS gold type 2 go powers for it with a set of jumbo jr tires. But I'm still looking for one of those go kart cycles if anyone of you wanna sell one? I come across one of those I'll be a happy camper!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Figured I should add mine to the list. I somehow talked my way into getting this from a good local friend of mine DoodleBug Jr. Only thing I have done to it was the NOS gold type 2 go powers for it with a set of jumbo jr tires. But I'm still looking for one of those go kart cycles if anyone of you wanna sell one? I come across one of those I'll be a happy camper!!

Nice ride SF... It use to belong to a great guy and a good friend that I miss dearly.... Glad to see it ended up in good hands...

Great looking flexo and just about every day I curse myself for not taking pictures of so many things from my past. They are clear as a bell in my head but so many of the pictures that I have were not taken by me.

Steve

Nice ride SF... It use to belong to a great guy and a good friend that I miss dearly.... Glad to see it ended up in good hands...
Thanks, I've heard great things about you too from Jr. And also a big fan of your work, still listen to all of the HP stuff from the 90's and still got all the original cds and tapes. Crazy what that stuff is worth now a days!

Nick

Last edited:
Does anyone know who makes go kart cycle seats? Ive heard someone in Southern Ca makes them. Thanks

Can anyone confirm the angle/rake of the front headtube on one of these?
Mark, I only know the neck (head tube) angle on the slightly taller Super Scrambler Flexo, and it is 65 degrees. I do not know if the GK Cycles are earlier short-framed Flexos were the same. I'd assume they were.

I first leveled the top bar, and used that as my guide.

Mark, I only know the neck (head tube) angle on the slightly taller Super Scrambler Flexo, and it is 65 degrees. I do not know if the GK Cycles are earlier short-framed Flexos were the same. I'd assume they were.

I first leveled the top bar, and used that as my guide.
Thanks Dave, That's what I had heard earlier. Looks like I have some more un-flexing to do..

Last edited:

6doggie3

I'm talking outside of the forum?
To me he has done a lot to bring attention of the more obscure brands of mini bikes?
Powell's,and Go kart cycle plus taking the time with the Powell scrapbook and serial #
treads? As long as Don is logged on to the forum and a Powell tread pops up He will
make a comment or help direct the owner in the right direction on their build!
What I was referring to was maybe musically ?:thumbsup: