Go Kart Identification

Rupp with a "Torsion Flex Chassis, Adjustable Seat and Adjustable Steering Hoop" is a RUPP CHAPARRAL.
Nice little Go Kart worth bringing back to life. It didn't come with the Garden Tractor Tires, though.

Rupp with a "Torsion Flex Chassis, Adjustable Seat and Adjustable Steering Hoop" is a RUPP CHAPARRAL.
Nice little Go Kart worth bringing back to life. It didn't come with the Garden Tractor Tires, though.
Thanks so much! Great help! Being new to this, I'm not sure where to begin with parts. I want to bring it back to original. Any suggestions on where I can find parts. My greatest concern to start is the adjustable steering hoop, which was broken and poorly repaired. Thanks!

Original wheels, engine(s) and steering wheel could get pretty expensive but you can get by with after-market stuff for that.
As far as the Steering Hoop goes; several years ago there was a place that had the original tooling from RUPP that reproduced frames.
I don't know if it's still around. His name is Robert Stanton and his company is called ROBRON, the phone numbers that were posted for him on several forums are 800/624-7383 and 843/479-6962.

I've heard you have to be patient when calling him and leave a message. People said he has a working farm and is real busy but gets back to you eventually. I hope he's still producing frames.

Good luck with your re-build and post pictures once in a while.

Original wheels, engine(s) and steering wheel could get pretty expensive but you can get by with after-market stuff for that.
As far as the Steering Hoop goes; several years ago there was a place that had the original tooling from RUPP that reproduced frames.
I don't know if it's still around. His name is Robert Stanton and his company is called ROBRON, the phone numbers that were posted for him on several forums are 800/624-7383 and 843/479-6962.

I've heard you have to be patient when calling him and leave a message. People said he has a working farm and is real busy but gets back to you eventually. I hope he's still producing frames.

Good luck with your re-build and post pictures once in a while.

I can't thank you enough for taking the time to give me some guidance! I will certainly reach out to Robert and see where it goes. In the meantime, I am doing a ton of research, now that I know what I'm looking at:) It seems that these parts are not going to come easy:) I will certainly keep you posted.

Thanks again,
Steve