Go Kart Mfg.Big Bear Scrambler

Hello, Yesterday I found an early big bear scrambler,serial # 905. It has a West Bend 580 motor and appears to be complete. Are these things worth anything? I also picked up a Rupp C-350 in nice condition, is this model worth something? Thanks, I specialize in vintage motorcycles and have no knowledge of Mini's.

You bet it is worth a bunch of respect for surviving this cruel world of chop artists and spray paint restorers. What we need is good pictures you lucky man. The Go Kart is of course a bike made in Azusa, California so it's very close to home.
Steve :scooter:

Nothing if they take the bike apart first. There is great quality paint out there but some youngsters just spray right over old chipped up frames and make a big mess. It was just a wide all encompassing category.

Nothing if they take the bike apart first. There is great quality paint out there but some youngsters just spray right over old chipped up frames and make a big mess. It was just a wide all encompassing category.
I love it when they rattle can the rims without masking off or removing the tires first. Lets you know they put a lot of time and effort into their project. Ogy

george3

Why do all that taking the bike apart, and that re-assemble? So much easier just to paint the whole bike in one easy step. Just grab a favorite color and go to town tires and everything. Earl Schibe it. HAHAHA

Flexo

What's the difference between the Flexo produced one and the model made by Go Kart Mfg. also what color is original?
Well one thing I remember just about all the mini bikes and Estate Karts that I ever saw at Flexo were painted a nice Metallic Blue my favorite color.
I think the kit bikes went out unpainted and they sold a lot of kit bikes.
One signature thing about the Flexo mini bike frame was their jack shaft mount it tapered back a few inches for better welding surface.
When it was time for mini bikes to be made they didn't mess around they would set up for 50 or so bikes at a wack and they did not have a lot of room to spare but it was packed wall to wall floor to ceiling.

Spray it up all one color

what you hav against spray paint restores? :1orglaugh:
I remember it was last summer I went on a long drive up to buy my Tule Trooper from a nice old guy ( Look at me calling someone old ) and he was still painting it semi gloss black when I arrived, we made the deal and loaded the Trooper into my van and headed back home through Seattle's Friday night traffic jam and 175 miles back home smelling all the paint a gas fumes all the way home.
Kind of a mixed bag the euphoria of finding a Trooper and the smell of the gas and the fumes from the rattle can paint, Dinner just didn't taste good that night LOL

I'm new to OldMiniBikes, and just read about your Big bear Scrambler. I just got a Gokart cycle Greenhorn Enduuro. Now I'm hunting for wheels, tires and the brake asssembly. Please let me know of any places or people I can contact. Thanks, Greg ( FlexoBBS )

I'm new to OldMiniBikes, and just read about your Big bear Scrambler. I just got a Gokart cycle Greenhorn Enduuro. Now I'm hunting for wheels, tires and the brake asssembly. Please let me know of any places or people I can contact. Thanks, Greg ( FlexoBBS )
This is a 6 year old thread. Some of these people haven't been online here for a few years. Your best bet is to place a WANTED ad in the classifieds here. :thumbsup: