GoKart brand mini?

Predecessor to Fox that frame and they became fox, Go kart cycle was one of the first and that's a good bike. Foxes looked like em later. The early Go kart cycles were very special but this one is cool, very cool.:thumbsup:

Back in 1958; two fellows in Azusa California formed the "Go Kart Mfg. Co" and began selling go karts. At the same time the "Fox Body Co" in Janesville Wisconsin began selling karts and minibikes. Fox called their karts "Go Boy Karts" because the California boys had registered the name go kart. A few years later in 1962 the California boys went bankrupt and Fox bought the "Go Kart" name for a few dollars. The advertisement submitted by KK is from 1962. Some interesting points about the ad. The large picture at the top is called the model 1300. The handlebars are straight and are not bent forward and the color was candy apple red. The following year in 1963 the 1300 was renamed the Fox Campus Bike; the handlebars were canted forward, and the color changed to blue. From 1963 on; all Fox Campus Bikes were varying shades of blue. In that same year the Model 1200 became the Doodlebug and the Model 1100 became the Sprite. Nice ad KK! Ogy

Never knew about the Go-Kart/Fox connection...thanks for the history OGY..:thumbsup:

......wish I had more time to talk to you at Windber ...seemed like everything was going in fast motion there and I never got a chance to relax and just talk mini-bikes with the experts.

vintage GoKart 1200 mini bike - $750 (HartfOrdc!ty)
you guys are messing with me now :glare:

here's a direct cut and paste from the ad I see....no price :hammer:

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info

vintage GoKart 1200 mini bike (HartfOrdc!ty)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2012-06-30, 2:13PM EDT
Reply to: p877h-3106045500@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vintage Go Kart brand mini bike looks pretty complete and has been setting for years.

vintage GoKart 1200 mini bike - $750 (HartfOrdc!ty)

Date: 2012-06-30, 2:13PM EDT
Reply to: p877h-3106045500@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

vintage Go Kart brand mini bike looks pretty complete and has been setting for years.

KK, That's how I felt about Windber too. I blinked...it was over...and there were a whole bunch of guys I didn't get a chance to talk to. I'm adding you to my list for next year. Ogy