gokart tires? for minibike?

Oldsalt

Four wheel vehicles have flat bottom tires. Two wheelers, due to the use of the sides of both front and rear tires, when cornering, are equipped with rounded tires. Well, sure, you can put flat bottom tires on a two wheeler. As old Harlys and Indians had 5.00-16 tires and all prewar Fords had that same size it was not infrequent that they were utilized to save money. But although it seems like a good idea, only a person with a death wish would put one on the front rim and then ride any further than the end of the driveway. If you must go ahead and put a go-kart slick on the rear of your mini. Lots of people have done it, including me and have not disturbed the handling to a great degree. Do not put one on the front unless you are only going to ride in the back yard or something like that. A full high speed run down the block [35 MPH?] might induce high-speed wobble. No joke. The auto-stability of a two wheeler is largely dependent in the rake and trail built into the forks. A wide flat bottom tire can screw that up to the point of being unpredictable and scary.

i tried a square tire on the front and i decided it had to go by the end of the driveway. i had one on the rear and it took a little getting used to. it would ride on the edge when you leaned.

Mac

One gokart tire is good , so two should be "double good" right ?
Now my "Super Bronc" just needs a little less front fork angle.

oldfatguy

You would be safer to use rounded tires,they come in most any size that you could need.I always liked Carlise knobby tires for off road use.

Last edited:
I'm planning on using Dunlop's 10x4.50x5 Rain Tires on one of my Lil Indians. Expensive.....yes, but nice looking. Check em' out on Rieken's Racing site.