Golf Cart mufflers on Minibikes ?

Has anyone ever looked at golf cart mufflers to see how they get them to be so quiet ? I would like to use one if it could be made to fit and if not I would like to make one out of sheet metal and pipe etc....... Otherwise has anyone ever seen some kind of custom make muffler that would make it very very quiet ? I want to ride some power lines and I do not want to draw attention to myself. Oh and I have a Mini Baja 200 so that is the vehicle I am trying to make quiet.

Harquebus

I know right? I thought I would prefer a raucous “braaaap” exhaust note (straight pipe) but all that noise alerts and attracts the zombies.

The thing with quiet mufflers on golf carts and the like is they’re usually a big can muffler with chambers and baffles inside. Think: restrictive. I think you’re going to need something fairly big to get it as quiet as you want it.

I have a large space above the rear tire and below the seat since there is no rear suspension, and I could build some kind of box, I just dont understand sonic technology and what it takes to muffle noise.... especially while limiting back pressure restriction. I am not a power nut
and would not mind giving up some power ..... as I am not a racer.... so where can I go to buy a product ( I cant be the first guy to want a good muffler ) to muffle the noise. That is why I would like to know more about golf cart motors and mufflers.

nah, I have three generators.... none of them are quiet.... well maybe a little more so than a lawnmower on the most expensive one
but the others use typical lawn mower mufflers.
I am just going to have to study golf cart mufflers.

Harquebus

I bet there’s there’s very very few people who have done an ultra quiet muffler mod.

Everyone likes them loud but the old “utility” mini bikes that hunters and outdoorsmen used, wouldn’t they have had some decent sound deadening to avoid spooking the wildlife? I mean the Tote Gote, Rokon, Super Bronc, Pak-Jak and others?

Yes that would make sense but we would have to ask some old timers first hand about how loud they were. Only Rokon is still in business and I will check to see if they do anything special.

I googled and went to look at a lot of different golf cart mufflers and because they are expensive a lot of golf cart guys are finding auto mufflers that will fit in the same space and use them. I found in my Mini Baha that the space between the frame tubes above the rear tire is 9.25 inches and there are at least three mfgrs that make flexible header pipe in different ID sizes …. so for now I think I will look for an auto muffler of the perfect size and rig it with the flexible header pipe connected to the exhaust flange of an original muffler. OR, I have a couple large road signs made of very thick aluminum which I could use to make my own muffler box. I googled various muffler mfgrs looking for sizes and found they all have drawings and videos of how their interiors are laid out with baffles and restrictors etc. If I can buy ready made for not to much I will save myself much work.