Goma's Minibike Massacre 11 June 25th 2022 Wareham, MA

joshua. c.

Has anyone seen the youtube videos advertising this event this year, just hilarious.

New bike isn't ready but my good old blue bike is still going strong and its got some upgrades this year. (new tires and clutch) I also solved some throttle and clutch issues on my trike. The trikes still not fast enough but at least it will launch better and be more controllable. The trike should be much faster than it is but something is holding it back and I still haven't figured out what.

See you gies next weekend. This event is always alot of fun.

joshua. c.

I never herd about a swap meet so I would assume there wasn't one. You can borro my spare bike if you like. I'ts a mtd trailflight with a stock engine so no chance of being competitive but you could at least enter the first race and get some track time in.

joshua. c.

I had a good idea. Incorperating the swap meet into this event would make allot of sense. It would kill two birds with one stone and busness would be great for the sellers, Just think of all the potential customers. There are alot of breakdouns too, so a seller selling all sorts of new spare parts would be great for the event. (fule line, hose clamps, oil, chain, master links, cables and break levers, sprocets ext).

joshua. c.

Got back from this event last night. boy was it hot out, I brought what I thought would be to much water just to find out it was barely enough. They changed up the track this year making ita little smaller but adding alot of tight turns. It realy halped those with less powerfull bikes leveling the playing feild some. Power is always a factor in any kind of racing but this made it so that time lost in the straits could be made up with skill in the corners. I missed my heat by accident and since alot of others did as well I we got to join in in the last heat ( I didnt make the finals) mostly because I stalled my bike in the woods. I still made up ground nearly catching up to where I had started and getting 8th in my heat but I would have done much better had I not stalled. I lost my air cleaner in that heat so the mini bike part of my day was done anyways.(I searched but never found it.) I failed miserably in the more that 2 wheels race. my trike ran beautifully at home but like crap when I arived. I tried some carburator tweeking but still didnt have it right by the last chance qualifyer. I was deat tired by the time I left that day and at leaving time something whent wrong with my race bike, It refused to start at all and had been running like crap all day stalling at idle and refusing to easily restart after.(it ran great once started at anyining other than idle.) I have also noticed smoke coming out the exhaust that isn't solved by carb ajustments. This motor has been run hard for years now so Im thinking its time for a rebuild. ( new rings, new valve guides, new conecting rod bearings ect) When I do rebuild this motor I think I may try adding big valves as well. This event was great as always and I had alot of fun.

I74

Being my wife is from Boston,, I know all about the potentially ''brutal'' summer heat & humidity around those parts.
Remember spending a week there around the 4th of July one year,, & that I had to change my T shirts like 3+ times a day, from being soaked with sweat.
The summer humidity in the Midwest, is not even close to those conditions.

I

I got sidetracked working on my car and completely forgot about the event. Sounds like it was a fun time, as usual.
Looking forward to seeing the videos to follow.
Josh, thanks for the offer on the spare bike. Very generous of you. Once my car is on the road i plan to get back to fixing my bike maybe i can make it next year.

joshua. c.

The guy who won this year was running an over head valve briggs and this is the third time I've been there to see a winner running a briggs (that I can remember) I didn't pay attention to the motor of the winner every year. Its interesting that well into the erra of the predator motor that Briggs motors are still racking up the wins. Briggs are still fast and aren't going away any time soon.

The guy who won this year was running an over head valve briggs and this is the third time I've been there to see a winner running a briggs (that I can remember) I didn't pay attention to the motor of the winner every year. Its interesting that well into the erra of the predator motor that Briggs motors are still racking up the wins. Briggs are still fast and aren't going away any time soon. unblocked gamez
This is interesting information