Google Goggles for minibikes?

Has anyone tried Google Goggles? I was at a flea market today. Actually 3 flea markets today. I was on a quest to see what was out there for mini bikes. Anyway after 150 miles of driving today before 11 am I had hit flea market #3. The only one that had a minibike. It was small and complete and had straight forks. I could have got it for $75 but I didn't because I wasn't sure what it was. The what is it? Thread is great. But I havent figured out how to post to the forum straight from my phone yet. So I was wondering if there was a Google Goggles type app that could be specifically for minibikes? Or if it would just put up similar ones and not get an exact match. If we had some way of arranging the pics on a search so that you could maybe check boxes. Small/medium/large frame? Maybe with or without suspension. check a box... rear axle in front or behind frame. check a box... ect... It would help when needing to buy something spur of the moment... If I am not busy I will go back and lowball him again next week and maybe get a pic...

If I had a database of all mini bikes and the parts they have I could make an app like what you are talking about. Basically it would be a catalog and you check the boxes depending on what features the bike has and it will show you the right bike. I cant do iOS but I can do Android... maybe some kind of collaboration could make this happen.

I think Hent is a computer guy.. maybe you guys can collaborate and make a ton selling the app... I have a droid. I would buy it...:thumbsup:

I would do it for free! I'm working on a proof of concept right now because I'm real bored.
We would need as much community knowledge as possible.

It wouldn't work. There needs to be something very specific for it to pick up on. The best I could see it doing is letting you know it's a mini bike.

I just scanned a High Life can and the only thing it got was the M in Miller. It did pull up a shot of a couple of cans of High Life though.

buckeye

Randy. I use photobucket. Take a picupload it, then uplod it here.
Just takes a few minutes if simpltom is on.
That's what ya need. The simpletom app. Dude knows everything.:thumbsup:

I still think there could be a database with at least boxes that can be checked to identify minibikes.. You know for those times SimpleTom sleeps...lol
He would probably have the most input putting it together I would imagine. Randy

I just made a simple app like the one we discussed involving check boxes. It works fine and I figured out how to make it really easy for anyone to use. Like I said before, we just need a ton of information to populate it. I'm not talking about a camera app. I think the check boxes is a good idea. Maybe Ill put up a beta for the app with just a couple bikes so people can see how it works.

I just made a simple app like the one we discussed involving check boxes. It works fine and I figured out how to make it really easy for anyone to use. Like I said before, we just need a ton of information to populate it. I'm not talking about a camera app. I think the check boxes is a good idea. Maybe Ill put up a beta for the app with just a couple bikes so people can see how it works.
What mobile os, what sdk,

Excellent. Got to love the can do attitude. That is what makes America great. I would PM SimpleTom for info. He seems to be the king of "what is it".