Got a new electric Go Kart ''winter'' project idea rolling around in my head.

I74

There is a Rutt go kart online currently for $23,750 :eek:

Vintage is really hot right now, which I funny with the push for electric (enter subset here).
Yea,,
My 90' Bullet is looking more & more rare lately,, especially with the 4 chrome steering shaft retainer frame tubes ,, or whatever they are actually called.... lol .....

Glad that chrome is still in great shape,, & not 1 pit on any of it . :cool::)

I

Last edited:
Cool project. Can I ask what you have in each of those packs? Where did you source them?

What controller did you go with?

Any reason you went with 48v bats? Have you considered going to a 72v+ setup?

I run mini bikes from 72-135v and its pretty unreal how quick they are. Always wanted to do a kart similar, but with dual 1020 motors like yours. Only run the 72v 3000w versions of that motor.

I’ll say running higher voltage sure has its perks! I can cruise around on 1-2a. So a smaller AH Bat goes much farther than you’d think. I routinely spin the 3000w 1020 motors to 8k+.

I74

Thanks !
Yea,, higher voltage is way more efficiant, more power,, & draws less amps ect. ,, but cost @ the time,, ''way'' more than I could afford, plus not widly avail. yet.

Don't remember exactly what I had in all the 48v. packs controller & motor,, & what the brands are,, but think it was around 700,, for all of it .....

Lastly,,

The motor in mine is an 1109.

I

Last edited:
First time seeing this project. Just read through all of it. Awesome project and excellent work! I did a "garage" resto on an 80's Margay my buddy found for $100 and it was rough but doable. It was for his sons birthday about 5 years ago. I was able to reuse most of it. New wheels and tires and a nice used MCP brake. your project brings back great memories of that project and you just motivated me to find another and do it again! Again, awesome work on the cool electric machine! Cheers......

I74

First time seeing this project. Just read through all of it. Awesome project and excellent work! I did a "garage" resto on an 80's Margay my buddy found for $100 and it was rough but doable. It was for his sons birthday about 5 years ago. I was able to reuse most of it. New wheels and tires and a nice used MCP brake. your project brings back great memories of that project and you just motivated me to find another and do it again! Again, awesome work on the cool electric machine! Cheers......
Thanks Man ! :)