got a tire problem

i was riding my wards after i just got the rear fender done and as i was riding the rear tire started to rub my fender???????? i never did this before i dont have a clue why its doing it now and when i let off and then gas it again it stops it only does it when the bike is really runnning fast?? any clue?????

DMR

When the tire is spinning at a fast rate the centrifugal force actually makes the tire expand in height (especially on a huge ass tire like the one on your Ward) so when it expands it can reach out and touch the fender. What kind of speeds is it occuring at? If you put the bike on a stand and get the tire up to speed you will see it expand, just dont let the bike get off the stand while the tire is spinning (the spinning tire will make it haul ass away from you). Just increase the tire pressure a little bit or increase the space between the tire and the fender.:thumbsup:

When the tire is spinning at a fast rate the centrifugal force actually makes the tire expand in height (especially on a huge ass tire like the one on your Ward) so when it expands it can reach out and touch the fender. What kind of speeds is it occuring at? If you put the bike on a stand and get the tire up to speed you will see it expand, just dont let the bike get off the stand (the spinning tire will make it haul ass away from you). Just increase the tire pressure a little bit or increase the space between the tire and the fender.:thumbsup:
well the bike starts this at around 40 mph.... and i cant increase the tire preasure because then it will rub my fender bracket at the top.. and i cant move the fender away any more then it already is..... i just dont get why its doing it it never did it before???????

DMR

well the bike starts this at around 40 mph.... and i cant increase the tire preasure because then it will rub my fender bracket at the top.. and i cant move the fender away any more then it already is..... i just dont get why its doing it it never did it before???????
It probably hasn't done it before because the tire is getting broken it so it can stretch out more. My suggestion would just be not to go so fast, if you havent balanced the tires you probably shouldnt be going that fast anyways, an unbalanced tire shakes and at that speed the shaking can cause it to break apart and disinigrate. which would mean a pretty nasty slam for whoever it riding it. balance the tire and it might help, when it rubs the fender does it sound like a solid note or does it kind of make a wavy sound?