Got an engine for the Bird....

Picked this engine up for the Bird frame.
Its a Tec. but has Sears naming on it which I guess makes it hard to get Tec. parts for? Anyways if anyone could give a crossreference as to what Tec. engine it REally is that would be great thanks!

I threw a pic up of some progress on the Bird. Got it spray bombed, have to redo the front forks, missed some spots. Its a metallic red that really shines in the sun.

ps. Another member on here should recognize the motor...:wink:

No idea on the #s. Looks to be 4 or 5 HP. Frame is looking good. I have one like it, but it has been modified. if you take it to a local body shop and have it clear coated, it will look that good for years. It also brings out the metallic:thumbsup:

delray

hey Silent H,real easy one for me. just finish building the same engine for my stepson. i did modifly it so the tank was in front. also note that i modifly the exhaust to go out the back. this way he is not smelling gas fumes and the exhaust pipe does not come close to is leg. something to think about if you deside to use that engine someday:thumbsup:

i found a gasket set at a local shop for only $10.36 part#33233a
tecumseh parts list or illustration may not have the letter a at the end of the numbers,but my parts receipt did have it on it. oil seal #29183
the oil seal on the pto side has three different seal numbers. you will have to do some measurements before ordering that seal. ring set #27565 , i found a guy on ebay real cheap.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Tecumseh-27565-...9117500QQihZ008QQcategoryZ66760QQcmdZViewItem

this engine works real good for kids only. if you want it for a adult you will have to use a jackshaft to gear it down,so it can push you from a dead stop. i posted a video couple weeks or so on him riding it. it moves him real good:thumbsup:
:scooter:........................:thumbsup:

I have two Tecumseh manuals, one is a technicians handbook and neither have your crossover number in there. :doah: The closest thing 143-66xxx says it's a HS50 (5HP) :doah::doah::doah: Sorry.

OK, I looked in a Haynes small engine manual and found it . :thumbsup:

Craftsman #143-661052 is Tecumseh # H 03035311m. :thumbsup:

delray

hey Silent H,my engine is also a craftmans # 143-etc......
if you would like. i could fax 6 illustration pages . one page with the engine broke down and next 5 pages shows parts list with numbers. been sick all week,so maybe early next week i can fax it to you? you can just pm with a phone number or anybody else that would like it :thumbsup: :scooter:...ok guys