Got ''hosed'' @ KFC today.

I74

Went into KFC for ''2'' crispy chicken sandwiches that are ''still' advertised on TV @ $3.99 ea. ,, & the prices they showed for them were almost 5 bucks ea. !

I told the ''20 someth'n'' Guy, that I ''just'' seen the ad on TV for $3.99,, & his reply was,, ''well ,the prices went up'',, & he obviously didn't give a $hit either,, & pretty much stated it like, - ''sorry about your luck''.

I shook my head, & said, - ''well that's to bad'',, then turned around & walked out,, & didn't even order. :mad:

Just finished an on line complaint with KFC corporate about it also.

Totally misleading & ''false'' advertising.

Ad on TV like that, is supposed to be a corporate promo protocol,, regardless if that restaurant is an independently owned franchise or not.

All they care about is the ''F''n profits,, & there isn't any ethical business practices anymore either. :rolleyes:

Back in the day,, they would of ''at least'' said, - ''sorry about that'',, can I offer you a discount or drink,, if you order them ?

I

Last edited:

I74

I hear all the time "they dont get paid enough to care" my grandfather told me if I was paid .50 cents or 50 dollars you do the best job you can do. But people have no pride or care about the work they perform.
There is ''F''n adds on bill boards ect. all over the place around here,, desperately looking for help,, & starting @ 11 - 16 bucks an hr. !!
These teenage kids are even making that ! o_O
Working part time for over 3 1/2 years @ Lowes,, I'am ''barely'' only in the ''middle'' of that scale.
Hell, I was lucky to make 5 - 6 bucks an hr.,, when I was a teenager,, but ''still'' treated everybody with dignity, ethics,, & respect,,, & ''always'' performed the best I could, & still do.

Last edited:

I74

Added,

Heard from a Guy a few years back,, that when he was looking for Pt. help,, this teenage kid came in inquiring about the position.

Once the kid found out how much the Guy was offering to work there,, ''think it was like around 11 bucks an hr. or so'',,, the kid told him, - ''Screw you'',, - ''I get more than that a week from my parents for allowance''.

:rolleyes:

toomanytoys

There is ''F''n adds on bill boards ect. all over the place around here,, desperately looking for help,, & starting @ 11 - 16 bucks an hr. !!
These teenage kids are even making that ! o_O
Working part time for over 3 1/2 years @ Lowes,, I'am ''barely'' only in the ''middle'' of that scale.
Hell, I was lucky to make 5 - 6 bucks an hr.,, when I was a teenager,, but ''still'' treated everybody with dignity, ethics,, & respect,,, & ''always'' performed the best I could, & still do.
I started out in 2002 at 6.50 then new job at 12.01. I worked my ass off underground in a coal mine 12 bucks an hour....

I74

I started out in 2002 at 6.50 then new job at 12.01. I worked my ass off underground in a coal mine 12 bucks an hour....
In my 20's,, I worked a stint as a Diesel/ heavy equipt. mechanic.
12 bucks an hr. then, for that ''back breaking'' work,, was about the going rate.
I did that for awhile, because it actually pd. better than working on cars.
Look back on that now & think,, ''I must of been ''F''n nuts'',, as it was the all around ''hardest'' work I ever did,, but I was young though ...

mustangfrank

Taco Bell doesn't always jive with the advertised prices or menu item availability either, still the same parent company I think. KFC used to run specials on certain weekdays they never advertised, I didn't know them all but Monday was a buck or two off their pot pies...a guilty pleasure of me and the ol' lady. One wasn't quite enough and two was too much so any deal made it not feel so wrong to get double the fast food and toss some out.

Yea,, you definitely got a point there Man.
I got ''really'' sick off of chicken once,, & don't wish that again, or on anybody.
Sam & Ella are two people you don't want to mess with...30 years ago I met up with them woofing down McRib samiches. At McD's you show them your receipt and they will pay the doctor bill. Life on pudding for 30 days due to that encounter.

I74

Sam & Ella are two people you don't want to mess with...30 years ago I met up with them woofing down McRib samiches. At McD's you show them your receipt and they will pay the doctor bill. Life on pudding for 30 days due to that encounter.
Those two are nothing but trouble,, & will also try & kill you.

toomanytoys

I've never seen a wawa station but in my basement I have a sun visor organizer from a wawa. I've heard that they have some decent food.

When I had to travel a lot sheetz was my weakness