Got lucky today on CL.

JimmyC

Picked up this MTD off CL today. Got it cleaned up and running in about 2 hours. Was 15 minutes from my house. MTD.jpg MTD1.jpg MTD2.jpg

Ugliest mini bike ever made. Too bad you didn't have the original tank on it. Probably the only thing worth any money on it besides the engine. I would take the engine off. Sell it and ship it. Then leave that frame for the scrappers. Man they are ugly..lol

A man that thinks like I do. First try to sell it cheap (or maybe that was the original ad?) - didn't sell, didn't ask enough. Relist it for more, pump up the description, ask more, what you bet, it sells for what you are asking or more!

JimmyC

A man that thinks like I do. First try to sell it cheap (or maybe that was the original ad?) - didn't sell, didn't ask enough. Relist it for more, pump up the description, ask more, what you bet, it sells for what you are asking or more!
Well, I bought it, did a quick clean, got it running and listed it. Then wanted something to do the next day. Ended the auction and went over the whole bike. Repaired front end, fuel line replaced, oil change, new chain, repaired sagging foot peg (I can weld) and no I didn't weld it to the mount. Cleaned surface rust. Bike actually rides really nice. I think my price is very fair. If it doesn't sell I think I'll be ok :smile:.

I got another one of those not long ago, may get a complete but rough one soon too. I had a complete original that I sold not long ago. They ride nice but are considered ugly by many but not me.

JimmyC

Ugliest mini bike ever made. Too bad you didn't have the original tank on it. Probably the only thing worth any money on it besides the engine. I would take the engine off. Sell it and ship it. Then leave that frame for the scrappers. Man they are ugly..lol
Good thing I didn't take your advice. Buyer came, rode it paid and very happy :thumbsup: