Got My first minibike back!!

I had this minibike a few years ago and let my Uncle have it for his grandkids. Well grandkids are on to dirtbikes now so hes cleaning out the shed. Engine that was on there was an old 2hp Briggs. I took it off and put the 3hp Tec I have been messing around with but its too small for this bike(This is a BIG minibike) Anyways I love the gas tank and plan on getting that functional again. I still have that 6.5hp Honda waiting for something hmmm....

Hey thats great and it looks good! :thumbsup:

I remember you talking about getting yours back when I posted pics of mine with the 8HP engine.

I'm not sure we have the same model and or if mine came with a tank. I do have a small bracket up front at the end of the "V" on the frame. Is that how yours mounts?

You're right, it's a big comfy bike but next to the Heathkit Boonie it's mall! :doah: I'd get atleast a 5HP in there. :thumbsup:

My uncle gave me an old 5hp briggs too off an old snowblower but it needs points. I have a 6.5hp honda too but its still on a pressure washer at my G/F's dads.
I just really want to get something in there where I can use that gas tank.
Our bikes do look pretty similar GTO im guessing I have an original seat but my front forks are a little different, I dont have the springs.

Yeah, theres a few subtle differences. Please look under the tank for me sometime. :thumbsup:

If that was mine, I would find a stockish eneine for it because it's all original and looks good and is very unique with the tank. :smile::thumbsup::thumbsup:

For those of you that found their first, Congrats. It's like the holy grail of minbikedom. I lust after my Taco 22 that's in my avatar.

Well the 3hp Tec engine is horrible in that size of a bike and the briggs 5hp engines dont fit because of the frame layout so im stuck on a motor for now as the 6.5hp honda motor may be falling through...

hey Silent H,3hp looks good on that frame. just take off that rear tank and use minibike tank:thumbsup:
Yeah it LOOKS good but it doesn't GO. The frame is quite heavy. Im going to do some tuning a little to it and the Tec needs a diaphragm anyways but I wish I could find a 5hp tec.

Talk About Getting Your First Mini Bike Back.........i'm 47 Yrs. Old.
I Had A 1970 Bronco Mini Bike When I Was About 12-13 Yrs. Old.
My Partner Was At A Huge Swap Meet This Past Weekend. He Finds This Old Mini Bike That He Says Looks Similar To The One I Had Way Back When. He Buys It And Brings It Home. I'm Going Over This Bike And Can't Believe What I'm Finding. After Further Investigating Certain Areas On The Bike, I Find That This Is The Exact Bike That I Owned........30+ Years Later!

Talk About Getting Your First Mini Bike Back.........i'm 47 Yrs. Old.
I Had A 1970 Bronco Mini Bike When I Was About 12-13 Yrs. Old.
My Partner Was At A Huge Swap Meet This Past Weekend. He Finds This Old Mini Bike That He Says Looks Similar To The One I Had Way Back When. He Buys It And Brings It Home. I'm Going Over This Bike And Can't Believe What I'm Finding. After Further Investigating Certain Areas On The Bike, I Find That This Is The Exact Bike That I Owned........30+ Years Later!
I had almost that same thing happen.

My little story is here. Down towards the bottom is how I got my Fist mini back.

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/g...20-whats-your-story-post-heres-mine-long.html