Got my "new" lawn mower running!

So about a month ago I picked up this pretty nice 1953 REO Royale mower mainly because it looked good and I heard REO made great lawn mowers back in the day. I had to clean the points, rebuild the carb, redo the recoil 3 times, and it needed an intake manifold because the original was warped more than 1/8" and was starting to crack. Today I got the new intake manifold, gaskets, and the last few little pieces I needed for the recoil and it started right up first pull. This thing is gonna be my main mower from now on, once I sharpen up the blades. Runs like a sewing machine, one of the sweetest little engines I've ever had. Next on the list is to polish it up as best I can and probably try to get the sediment bowl to stop leaking.

After this one is done I also have a weird looking Bunton Duzmore 18" 3 wheeled mower I'm going to get running nice. It ran fine for a while but now it over revs, I assume because of a destroyed o ring in the intake.
IMG_20200912_152641.jpg

old shed finds

So about a month ago I picked up this pretty nice 1953 REO Royale mower mainly because it looked good and I heard REO made great lawn mowers back in the day. I had to clean the points, rebuild the carb, redo the recoil 3 times, and it needed an intake manifold because the original was warped more than 1/8" and was starting to crack. Today I got the new intake manifold, gaskets, and the last few little pieces I needed for the recoil and it started right up first pull. This thing is gonna be my main mower from now on, once I sharpen up the blades. Runs like a sewing machine, one of the sweetest little engines I've ever had. Next on the list is to polish it up as best I can and probably try to get the sediment bowl to stop leaking.

After this one is done I also have a weird looking Bunton Duzmore 18" 3 wheeled mower I'm going to get running nice. It ran fine for a while but now it over revs, I assume because of a destroyed o ring in the intake.
View attachment 268766
This is neat to see and read you're article....
Me and you might be the only 2 people using these mowers..
This 59 Moto-Mower does a better job than the junk new plastic engine doo doo crap new mower next to it in shed..
Dug mine out of barn and fresh gas and new oil it cuts smooth as golf coarse green......

Attachments

This is neat to see and read you're article....
Me and you might be the only 2 people using these mowers..
This 59 Moto-Mower does a better job than the junk new plastic engine doo doo crap new mower next to it in shed..
Dug mine out of barn and fresh gas and new oil it cuts smooth as golf coarse green......
I'm actually surprised more people don't use reel mowers considering how clean they cut!