Got'em! Blue catfish on the troll

BWL

Well, handline fishing is cheaper, simpler, and nothing is more sensitive than my fingers. In fact I have a couple reels I have to get packaged up an mailed out to a customer tomorrow. This reel is manual version of the automatic handline reels walleye fishermen use on the Detroit River.

KB2ROCKET

Here in Florida I don't think I have ever seen anyone use a hand line but doesn't mean that they don't. . I thought you were going to tell me that hand lines don't require a license

BWL

It's impossible for me to comment on legal matters. Each state is different. I have a lifetime fishing licence in the state of Alabama, so I don't have to worry about such things. Obey whatever laws and regulations your state requires.

Last edited:
Another great look at you having so much fun collecting lunch or dinner. My Grandpa told all his friends if you have extra fish no mater the time of day or night bring them by and he would cook them up right away.
When I was young we would often go to the Peers of Redondo Beach, California and fish or in San Pedro harbor out on the break Water there were three or four what we called shanty boats and you paid a small fee to the owner and were able to get down off the rocks and fish close to the water and the crew would clean your fish for you and even cook up some of your fish on the spot. Of course that was long ago in the 1950's and their are all gone but the memories linger with me.