green off road kart??

I've seen some of their electric scooters, but not the kart (yet)...

Lots of people laugh at electric vehicles, but there are some real tire-smokers out there...

Cushman made a full line of industrial-grade electric 2, 3 and 4 wheelers, and some of the in-house use vehicles were neck-snappers...

This was once a Cushman electric minibike/scooter...

whoa i wonder how many times those guys biffed it before they got a good shot. those things look really weird and unstable.
has anyone hopped up one of those electric dirt bikes?

I've seen some of their electric scooters, but not the kart (yet)...

Lots of people laugh at electric vehicles, but there are some real tire-smokers out there...

Cushman made a full line of industrial-grade electric 2, 3 and 4 wheelers, and some of the in-house use vehicles were neck-snappers...

This was once a Cushman electric minibike/scooter...
Are you sure that is a Cushman because I have a similiar bike and could never identify it ? Is it yours ? Any Cushman sites ?

Yes, I'm sure...

Cushman's 2, 3, and 4 wheel electric vehicles were primarily intended for use inside large manufacturing facilities, so they were not advertised to the general public, nor was any literature for these vehicles released to private individuals.

Most of the surviving examples were taken home by employees of these companies after the product's service life had ended...

A few members of my family worked in the experimental department of Cushman, and some were in the design department of the sales and service section, so we had access to prototype models that never went into production, as well as in-house test models that eventually were developed and sold...all brought home for pennies on the dollar, or free, as gifts from the company...

There are dozens of Cushman-related sites and forums...one of the best is CCOA...and there are links and info there leading to other sites...

Cushman Club of America Website

If you have a photo of a frame that can't be positively ID'd as a Cushman by someone in CCOA, the Cushman Retiree's Group meets the first Saturday of every month in Lincoln, Nebraska...they can answer any question regarding any Cushman product or prototype that didn't make it into production...

If you'd like to post a photo of your frame here, I'll take a look at it, and if I don't know what it is, I'll ask my dad (retired Cushman Sales and Service Supervisor) to have a look at it, or take it to a Retiree's meeting with him...

Yes, I'm sure...

Cushman's 2, 3, and 4 wheel electric vehicles were primarily intended for use inside large manufacturing facilities, so they were not advertised to the general public, nor was any literature for these vehicles released to private individuals.

Most of the surviving examples were taken home by employees of these companies after the product's service life had ended...

A few members of my family worked in the experimental department of Cushman, and some were in the design department of the sales and service section, so we had access to prototype models that never went into production, as well as in-house test models that eventually were developed and sold...all brought home for pennies on the dollar, or free, as gifts from the company...

There are dozens of Cushman-related sites and forums...one of the best is CCOA...and there are links and info there leading to other sites...

Cushman Club of America Website

If you have a photo of a frame that can't be positively ID'd as a Cushman by someone in CCOA, the Cushman Retiree's Group meets the first Saturday of every month in Lincoln, Nebraska...they can answer any question regarding any Cushman product or prototype that didn't make it into production...

If you'd like to post a photo of your frame here, I'll take a look at it, and if I don't know what it is, I'll ask my dad (retired Cushman Sales and Service Supervisor) to have a look at it, or take it to a Retiree's meeting with him...

Here's a pic of it. Got it at a swapmeet about 4 yrs ago for $100. The original paint was greenish-blue. I forget what the engine was. It weighs about 125lbs. 29" wide bars. 35" high to top of bars. 26" seat height and is 50" long. Tires are General Jumbo Jr's. 14-4.50-6. Front has street tire tread.

Hmmm...I posted a response regarding this bike in your thread under 'minibikes for sale' at the exact same time you were also posting the pic here...

Probably not a Cushman, for the reasons stated in the other thread...

Original color does help ID...Cushman used a standard color for each of it's models, but would change color for a large order from a buyer asking for a 'custom' color...

This also helps ID prototypes, which were usually made intentionally off-standard to denote non-production status...

Last edited:
They're hard to find...the three and four wheelers were made in great numbers, but the two wheelers were not nearly as useful, and customers shyed away from them for employee liability reasons...

The 24 and 36 volt scooters were pretty zippy, and the operator could easily lose control, slamming into something and really getting hurt badly...

Cushman had dozens of these just sitting around the factory, to be used by employees to go from building to building, running documents and priority parts around the different departments...

I started working there the day I turned 18, and I can't even count the number of times I got called into someone's office because I was seen doing a dozen donuts or racing someone else across the factory floor...

The 36 volt models would literally smoke the tires, leaving rubber donuts all over the floor, and a drifting cloud of stinky smoke wafting towards the supervisor's office...

They were seriously unimpressed with my performance during the initial 90 day probationary period...