Grip Slip

What's the best thing to use to affix the throttle grip to the throttle tube??? Mine will just slide off and on with surprising ease. I have all kinds of adhesives but I am curious what the "correct" stuff is to use. Left grip is tight.

Thanks,

Doug

Run down to you local Honda shop and get a tube of Pro Honda Handgrip Cement. You can also get it online. It's cheap, it's easy to use and it works great. I've used it for decades.

I always used rubbing alcohol. Saturate the grip in alcohol and slide it on wet. When the alcohol evaporates it leaves the grip tacky.

Run down to you local Honda shop and get a tube of Pro Honda Handgrip Cement. You can also get it online. It's cheap, it's easy to use and it works great. I've used it for decades.

THATS WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Hair spray :thumbsup:
My first thought was hair spray but the dang grip is just too loose on the throttle tube. What Tom posted is what I was hoping to find.

Hair Spray times two. :) Contact cement out of the jar also works. Or the right stuff Tom posted. :)
I don't own a drop of contact cement but it crossed my mind right after the hair spray. And I don't think my wife even owns any hair spray......

I always used rubbing alcohol. Saturate the grip in alcohol and slide it on wet. When the alcohol evaporates it leaves the grip tacky.
PAP that's a new one to me. Sounds like it would work if the grip was snug at least a little bit. I will store this tid bit away for future reference.

I've used trim adhesive spray a few times and it seemed to work ok.
This didn't even cross my mind but I do have it on the shelf. Even the Super trim adhesive that is made for vinyl tops.

A couple drops of super glue.
I follow your thinking but my experience with super glue has been that it gets hard and then can be brittle. If I want something to stay put with super glue I dust it with Baking Soda first. Google it. It works very good on rigid items.

I have had great results with Honda adhesives in the past so I am going to get the Honda Grip Adhesive.

This is such a giving community and I appreciate all of your suggestions.

Have a safe and Happy 4th!!!

Doug

Harquebus

This begs the question--what is the Honda grip glue?

Surely it's a common adhesive and not a proprietary concoction devised by Honda..?