Gumpit's Cast Off--1970 CAT 300SS

Biffmini

It ain't done. I'm going to ask Karen to move it to projects as I did get a lot done as you'll see. Life interfered....again and I did not have time to post as I got things done, but it's all documented. Like all of us, COVID changed my world and, as a university professor, my classes had to go online taking 30-40 hours a week of time just to prepare. We also lost my mother in law and brother in law while my dad was diagnosed with leukemia....so SH*T happened.

You'll see several parts you'll want to know how I made them. As always, my work is by hand with basic hand tools and improvisation. I was able to source NOS wheels and a set of clean stars but the KH200 disc brake proved to be worthless, so I have an NOS one on order. Fenders were picked up on OldMiniBikes from @bbriggs. The "real" 69 Tecumseh mini bike engine is proving to be a real pisser--I can't get consistent spark despite two new coils, so I have an 80s 3.5 for now with a 74 shroud (I'll show you how I made that work). Karen did the 300SS seat, and it's killer. I put the shoe in one shot to show this is legit.;) View attachment 263722 View attachment 263723 View attachment 263724 View attachment 263725 View attachment 263726 View attachment 263727
That's a fine looking Cat