Gun Control Legality

Is gun control legal? (USA)

• Total voters
Watching this video should help you tolerate my thread because the natural "boredness" that is packaged with walls of text.

YouTube - Myth: Gun Control Reduces Crime

Note: Keep in mind I wrote the contents of this thread, for a YouTube video script, which I will be posting up soon, I just wanted to see what some people on the forums I frequent think.

Weapons Bans, and the government saying what kind of gun I can own, what my gun can look like, and where I can carry it.

So when I started writing the script for this gun control video last night, my cat surprised me by opening my door! He jumped on my lap, and proceeded onto my mouse area to roll around and get some attention, and of course he got it, so as I'm petting, and looking at my cat, I'm thinking to myself, Oh wow my cat has some evil features, just look at those claws, the demonic-like tail, the fangs, and the bat-like ears. Should my cat be banned based on his "evil looks"? Should assault weapons be banned based on their "evil looks" Should Dick Cheney's picture be banned because he has evil features as well? Is America a young child? Do we really need a parental block on evil looking things? Perhaps we should look at some

Should any gun have restrictions, such as an "assault weapon," or even a full auto weapon on it? If you say yes to this question, you want a tyrannical government. Lets see why:

The 2nd amendment:

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Definitions of words used in the 2nd amendment, which were used to decipher it into more "Laymans terms."

('Militia', means 'arms to the standard of light infantry', which today
would include full auto arms, any semi-automatic arm, bolt action, shotgun, pistol, revolver, whatever)

Militia: a body of citizens organized in a paramilitary group and typically regarding themselves as defenders of individual rights against the presumed interference of the federal government.

Regulated: to put in good order (aka background checks, mental health issues etc, this word is the most controversial in the 2nd amendment.)

Deciphered meanings:

A well controlled civilian military being necessary to the security of a non-tyrannical government, the right of the people, to keep and own weapons shall not be violated.

A background checked armed civilian being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and own weapons shall not be violated.

Gun control, full auto manufacture ban circa 1986, $200 full auto tax circa 1930, California gun laws, Chicago handgun gun bans, the assault weapons ban circa 1994, and others not listed is moronic, and Un-constitutional, and infringes according to the US constitutions 2nd amendment.

What makes gun control even more moronic is:

The statistics, show that gun bans are generally followed by spikes in crime rates. Not to mention that our civil rights should be sacred. This is a very dangerous threat.

In Australia, the government banned weapons in 1996, after a publicized shooting. Immediately after the ban, armed robberies rose by 73 percent, unarmed robberies by 28 percent, kidnappings by 38 percent, assaults by 17 percent, and manslaughter by 29 percent. This was reported on the Web site of the Australian Bureau of Statistics in January, 2000. Why? Because criminals are afraid of an armed law-abiding citizen. It's impossible to know exactly how often guns stop criminals, because who reports a crime that doesn't happen. Often just showing your gun will make criminals run/stop.

Lets go back to deciphering the 2nd amendment for a moment.

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

OBAMA said:
Let’s be honest. Mr. Keyes does not believe in common gun control measures like the assault weapons bill. Mr. Keyes does not believe in any limits from what I can tell with respect to the possession of guns, including assault weapons that have only one purpose, to kill people. I think it is a scandal that this president did not authorize a renewal of the assault weapons ban.

The 2nd amendment says "security to a free state" which means we have the right to have guns that have the sole purpose to kill people...That is what security is right?

Politicians, and media have already started to warp the 2nd amendment into it being for sporting purposes only. I don't think security of a free state has anything to do with sporting...

So lets think: the right to bear arms was written when everyone had basically the same type of gun, a "musket" type. Both the military/militia and civilians. It is OUR right to be able to possess the same arm as our military. And why should I not be able to use a military style rifle for sporting purposes?

Here's something to think about:

In 1791, when the US Constitution, along with the 2nd amendment were written, everyone, military, militia, and civilians had the same type of gun, a musket-type.
So today, if we want to protect ourselves from a/our government going tyrannical, the current government is denying us the right to own the same type of gun they have...Hmm, doesn't that sound a bit unconstitutional, and tyrannical?

Just think: If everyone were carrying guns no one would want to try to ":censure: anyone elses couch up." I would really like to see an America where all types of guns are openly carried. Infact I think a person could pull off walking down the street with a loaded illegal post 1986 full auto ak-47, sure they'll get arrested, and they would most definitely be putting themselves in harms way, but putting your self in harms way is natural thing that comes with freedom... Once that person has been taken to court, I believe they could take it to the supreme court, even under the current laws, and win, abolishing some if not all gun control laws.

Abraham Lincoln said:
" The Price of Freedom is sometimes Paid for in True Patriots Blood, Gun Smoke & Bullets in order to Maintain or Restore ones Freedoms, Rights, and Liberty's."
FlyGuy - Yahoo Answers said:
In the early 1920's, 30's and 40's could you go into any store and purchase a full-auto Thompson. It shouldn't matter. My grandfather bought one and remembers going to the beach emptying mags and no one said a word. He said the police stopped by and he let them try it!

GUN CONTROL IS ILLEGAL!

GUN CONTROL INFRINGES UPON THE 2nd AMENDMENT!

GUN CONTROL INCREASES CRIME, AND SH!TS ALL OVER THE US CONSTITUTION

Is America a child? Or is America 17 years old and ready to dig into the real effing world?

:gun_bandana:
:2guns:
:gunsmilie:

Sources:
My High School Education
Dictionary.com
YouTube - Myth: Gun Control Reduces Crime
Second Amendment Foundation Online
How is "gun control" legal? USA? - Yahoo! Answers

Having done thousands of background checks on people and sold thousands of guns and do it daily,,,I will say I do believe in background checks on people because some shouldn't own guns and get denied for good reason.

To get denied you have to be a felon, mentally unstable, or have a domestic on your record. The Nics operation center is supposed to dispose of each background check and start over each time however your local PD has every gun you buy on record.

I think that people who illegally own, use, and are caught with firearms should be put away for a long time instead of a slap on the hand.

I also think that people should practice, train, be 100% familiar with their guns and THINK AHEAD OF TIME of what they are willing to do and what is legal when it comes to self defense. A good step is the read your local gun and carry laws and a few books on self defense. I don't like the types that buy a gun and throw it in a drawer thinking they are safe because the ARE NOT and could be more of a hazard to themselves and others.

I think that some states have NO RIGHT to tell you you can't own and legally carry a firearm for self defense. I think all carry states should automatically HONOR you're carry permit instead of this stupid game of hoops and holes.

I've had a carry permit and have carried daily for more years than I can remember, people think OHHHHHH now you will have an itchy trigger finger and strut around like a bad ass picking fights! When the fact is you are quite the opposite and avoid trouble at all costs and let things go because YOU KNOW if you have to pull a gun it is going to be REAL UGLY and create a big fuss.

I think the ATF laws on guns make no sense and should be over hauled completely.

I think one of the reasons we have the right to own guns is to keep our Government in check because the first thing a dictator does is take away you gun rights and then you become their bitch. (read your history books)

The good news is since Obama was in the running for president (big Gov and bad laws) gun sales and carry permits to NEW shooters DRASTICALLY increased so now the Dingbats in office have to think twice about getting reelected when they vote on stiffer gun laws. :thumbsup:

Having done thousands of background checks on people and sold thousands of guns and do it daily,,,I will say I do believe in background checks on people because some shouldn't own guns and get denied for good reason.

To get denied you have to be a felon, mentally unstable, or have a domestic on your record. The Nics operation center is supposed to dispose of each background check and start over each time however your local PD has every gun you buy on record.

I think that people who illegally own, use, and are caught with firearms should be put away for a long time instead of a slap on the hand.

I also think that people should practice, train, be 100% familiar with their guns and THINK AHEAD OF TIME of what they are willing to do and what is legal when it comes to self defense. A good step is the read your local gun and carry laws and a few books on self defense. I don't like the types that buy a gun and throw it in a drawer thinking they are safe because the ARE NOT and could be more of a hazard to themselves and others.

I think that some states have NO RIGHT to tell you you can't own and legally carry a firearm for self defense. I think all carry states should automatically HONOR you're carry permit instead of this stupid game of hoops and holes.

I've had a carry permit and have carried daily for more years than I can remember, people think OHHHHHH now you will have an itchy trigger finger and strut around like a bad ass picking fights! When the fact is you are quite the opposite and avoid trouble at all costs and let things go because YOU KNOW if you have to pull a gun it is going to be REAL UGLY and create a big fuss.

I think the ATF laws on guns make no sense and should be over hauled completely.

I think one of the reasons we have the right to own guns is to keep our Government in check because the first thing a dictator does is take away you gun rights and then you become their bitch. (read your history books)

The good news is since Obama was in the running for president (big Gov and bad laws) gun sales and carry permits to NEW shooters DRASTICALLY increased so now the Dingbats in office have to think twice about getting reelected when they vote on stiffer gun laws. :thumbsup:
I have the same views, I agree with background checks even if they are unconstitutional, every human is a little biased. :doah:

I will clarify that the background check/regulated partly is my opinion, and the opinion of many; however I will put up the constitutional/revolutionary war meaning of regulated.

Regulated: This is where politicians have tried to warp it's original revolutionary war meaning into their tyrannical modern gun control meaning.

'Regulated', well turned out, well equipped, well trained.

"A well regulated militia" Has NOTHING to do with the government...and EVERYTHING to do with skill at arms and military matters.

Do you truly believe that the Founders, after killing the Kings Men for attempting to steal weapons, powder, and shot...intended to EVER again give an overbearing central authority the power to restrict weapons to the people ?

The Founders intended the people to ALWAYS have the power to dismantle a government that spins out of control...So how could regulated possibly have anything to do with the government having the ability to restrict what arms we have as it would completely contradict with militia, and security to a free state.

Why would the founding fathers want to restrict our weapons, when it would be a direct blow to our power to dismantle a tyrannical government.

Militia: a body of citizens organized in a paramilitary group and typically regarding themselves as defenders of individual rights against the presumed interference of the federal government.

Gun Laws | Libertarian Party

http://www.lp.org/issues/gun-laws said:
Issues

Why Libertarians Support Equal Rights for America's Gun Owners

Libertarians, like other Americans, want to be able to walk city streets safely and be secure in their homes. We also want our Constitutional rights protected, to guard against the erosion of our civil liberties. In particular, Libertarians want to see all people treated equally under the law, as our Constitution requires. America's millions of gun owners are people too. Law-abiding, responsible citizens do not and should not need to ask anyone's permission or approval to engage in a peaceful activity. Gun ownership, by itself, harms no other person and cannot morally justify criminal penalties.
Constitutional Rights

America's founders fought the Revolutionary War to throw off British tyranny. Most of the revolutionaries owned and used their own guns in that war. After the war, in 1789, the 13 American States adopted the Constitution, creating the federal government. Before ratifying the Constitution, the people demanded a Bill of Rights to prevent our government from depriving them of their liberties as the British had done.
One of the most important protections we have against government tyranny is that we are presumed innocent of any crime until proven guilty, before a jury, in a proper trial.
Gun control advocates would declare all gun owners guilty without trial, simply for owning guns, even though millions of them have never used their guns to harm another person. Such blanket condemnation is immoral, unfair and contrary to the principles on which America was founded.
The Prohibition Lesson

Gun control advocates are much like the prohibitionists of the early 20th Century. By making liquor illegal, they spawned organized crime, caused bloody, violent turf wars and corrupted the criminal justice system. Today's war on drugs has exactly the same results.
Prohibition didn't stop liquor use; the drug laws can't stop drug use. Making gun ownership illegal will not stop gun ownership.
The primary victim of these misguided efforts is the honest citizen whose civil rights are trampled as frustrated legislators and police tighten the screws.
Banning guns will make guns more expensive and give organized crime a great opportunity to make profits in a new black market for weapons. Street violence will increase in new turf wars. Criminals will not give up their guns. But, many law abiding citizens will, leaving them defenseless against armed bandits.
The Right of Self Defense

Libertarians agree with the majority of Americans who believe they have the right to decide how best to protect themselves, their families and their property. Millions of Americans have guns in their homes and sleep more comfortably because of it. Studies show that where gun ownership is illegal, residential burglaries are higher. A man with a gun in his home is no threat to you if you aren't breaking into it.
The police do not provide security in your home, your business or the street. They show up after the crime to take reports and do detective work. The poorer the neighborhood, the riskier it is for peaceful residents.
Only an armed citizenry can be present in sufficient numbers to prevent or deter violent crime before it starts, or to reduce its spread. Interviews with convicted felons indicate that fear of the armed citizen significantly deters crime. A criminal is more likely to be driven off from a particular crime by an armed victim than to be convicted and imprisoned for it. Thus, widespread gun ownership will make neighborhoods safer.
Foolish politicians and police now seek to ban semi-automatic "assault rifles". They ignore the fact that only honest citizens will comply; criminals will still have them. Such a ban will only increase the criminals' ability to victimize the innocent.
Personal Responsibility

Guns are not the problem. They are inanimate objects. Gun control advocates talk as if guns could act on their own, as if human beings cannot control them, so the uncontrollable guns must be banished.
Let us put the responsibility where it belongs, on the owner and user of the gun. If he or she acts responsibly, without attacking others or causing injury negligently, no crime or harm has been done. Leave them in peace. But, if a person commits a crime with a gun, then impose the severest penalties for the injuries done to the victim. Similarly, hold the negligent gun user fully liable for all harm his negligence does to others.
Rather than banning guns, the politicians and the police should encourage gun ownership, as well as education and training programs. A responsible, well-armed and trained citizenry is the best protection against domestic crime and the threat of foreign invasion. America's founders knew that. It is still true today.

Gun Laws | Libertarian Party

What is up with the Liberals in Oregon:doah: Oh wait a minute I love my Guns, and was Born and raised In North Bend, Oregon.:eek:ut: So I guess I will keep my SKS and 9 by my side.

What is up with the Liberals in Oregon:doah: Oh wait a minute I love my Guns, and was Born and raised In North Bend, Oregon.:eek:ut: So I guess I will keep my SKS and 9 by my side.
I don't quite understand what you mean. A libertarian is not a liberal. Libertarians are "Constitutionalist" Liberals basically hate the constitution and America :p

Btw, I love SKS's got some pics? :)

Your right, I just always here that Oregon is all liberals, from the republicans here in Iowa, were I live now. I do not think that there should be any classified partys, just people who run for office. And we should have one person one vote no matter what. My SKS is a Chiniese and my dads is Russian. As far as the Tech 9 it has the fingerprint proof finish on it. I will have to get the picks the SKS out.