Gx160 crankshaft troubles

Back in February I picked up a used Honda gx160 engine for 40 bucks. P.o. says it needs the carb cleaned and a new sparkplug boot. Now at the time I didn't know jack about these engines, ( obviously I still dont), but I figured how hard could it be? The engine was from a dredge pump so it has a gear reduction thing of some sort bolted to the output side. I take that off to find the output shaft is splined. Well that wont work for me, but I figured I'd just get a new crankshaft, no big deal right.... I go on ebay and out of ignorance just get a gx160 crankshaft for 26 bucks, wow, cheap! I get it in, and I realize right away it looks bigger, the balance lobes seem larger. Sure enough it wont work. The piston exits the cylinder way before TDC and the lobes wont allow the crankshaft to rotate all the way. I'm thinking I have a 196cc crankshaft. I also jacked up one of the oil rings trying to use a ring compressor to put the piston in. Found out the hard way that my piston has thin rings, not regular rings. Had to order them twice to get the right ones.
I waited around for a couple months to get a new crankshaft and last week ordered what I thought was the correct one. Once again, no dice. Stroke length is too long. I'm at a loss now. Not sure what to do at this point. I paid 40 bucks for the original engine, about 30 for the first crank, 50 bucks for the second and 30ish bucks for a rebuild kit that came with all new gaskets and an ignition coil and other stuff. I could have bought a brand new predator by now. But I'm not gonna let this engine whoop me. I'm missing something, just not sure what. What should I be asking for specifically in regards to getting the correct crankshaft? Any help is greatly appreciated

Li'l Popeye

I once received a crankshaft for a GX200, while I ordered for a GX160. The seller didn't know there was a difference...
Stroke of GX160 is 45mm, stroke of GX200 is 54mm.
Part nr: 13310-ZE1-601 for straight 3/4" crankshaft.
There's a difference in piston ring thickness. I think it has something to do with T1 and T2 engines. T2 would have short piston (above piston pin) and therefor thinner rings. But I could be wrong...
How to tell if you have a T2 engine? Take a look at the engine number; the T2 starts with GCBPT-.....
Here's some more info about the diffrences: http://www.hondacadet.co.uk/upl/Honda T1-T2 changes.pdf

Li'l Popeye

Looks like I've got the T2
Yes,
And the stamped "HX2" means it has a 6:1 reduction gearbox with a 3/4" output shaft, originally... I don't know if the side cover without the gearbox is the same as a "normal" side cover.

I think this crankshaft will fit your engine:
Crankshaft, GX160 QX2 : Genuine Honda
http://www.nrracing.com/product-p/13310-z4m-800.htm
Description: 3/4" Output, Genuine Honda, UT2 Model, Thai Made
The "Q" in QX2 stands for 3/4".